testtest

SA’s warranty and rust coverage

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience using Springfield Armory for their warranty coverage? I have a Garrison 1911 purchased a little under 2 years ago with extensive surface rust. I’ve called and emailed customer service, but I’ve yet to hear back from either.
DE72C570-2F2D-4ED0-B3BE-8C9BEDCD3F7C.jpeg

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience using Springfield Armory for their warranty coverage? I have a Garrison 1911 purchased a little under 2 years ago with extensive surface rust. I’ve called and emailed customer service, but I’ve yet to hear back from either. View attachment 37942
You can get through to someone at customer service by calling the customer service number.

1-800-680-6866

Nah, Hans. No need to cover for a multi-million dollar corporation here. You ought to side with the good guy. If the blues finish is failing, that’s on the company. I do my part by keeping it away from moisture and/or other corrosives as much as humanly possible.

Stays in gun safe, as I don’t carry it. Really it goes out to an indoor range every 2 months or so. The definition of a “safe queen”. But of course, I mitigate rust by ensuring I have my dedicated de-humidifier functioning correctly. I say all of this as an SA fanboy.

A little wax occasionally and it would have lasted forever. Carried a blued East German Makarov for 20 years in hot summer. No rust ever. Wiped it down with an oily rag every night and applied a coat of wax once a month. Blued firearms take more than just a cursory wipe down occasionally.

Unless its a climate controlled safe there is still humidity.

20230212_135535.jpg

Nah, Hans. No need to cover for a multi-million dollar corporation here. You ought to side with the good guy. If the blues finish is failing, that’s on the company. I do my part by keeping it away from moisture and/or other corrosives as much as humanly possible.
Do you wipe it down with a surface protectant regularly?

And I’m not covering…I just have owned a lot of blued weapons over the years.

That definitely looks like fingerprint rust…

I agree with Sid1959, I always use Mothers Mag Polish on the surface of all my firearms.
Not only for rust protection from handling, but it also helps with fingerprints.
My firearms are either kept in their boxes or plastic cases and they look and perform like the day I bought them.
This is one of my EDC firearms bought new in the 70's a SMITH&WESSON model 36.

thumbnail (7).jpg

I agree with Sid1959, I always use Mothers Mag Polish on the surface of all my firearms.
Not only for rust protection from handling, but it also helps with fingerprints.
My firearms are either kept in their boxes or plastic cases and they look and perform like the day I bought them.
This is one of my EDC firearms bought new in the 70's a SMITH&WESSON model 36.

View attachment 37944
I got turned on to Rustprufe a long time ago, and swear by it.

Hate to tell you, no warranty from any gun manufacturer will cover cosmetic issues, most will tell you in there warranty information that comes with the gun, there may be some exceptions, but I doubt it, I have never known any to cover a cosmetic issues,
90F8E34C-D9E3-4B2A-A354-0A460B28376E.png

Last edited:
i usually wipe my blued finish guns with food grade mineral oil.

i got that from gunblue490

and i keep the large desiccant bags in the cabinets where my guns are stored, and during the summertime, i run a dehumidifier on high humid days/nights.

I don't know what it's called, but my brother in-law has alot of "acid" in his fingerprints. I can carry all week & only wipe the gun down a couple times with a oil rag. I've told him this, now everytime he leaves the SOB will touch all the rifles in the gun rack, without anyone seeing him. 2 days later everyone he touched will have rusty fingerprints. I wipe them all down everytime he's been there. He's not a "gun" person, big city liberal, he thinks it's funny. Maybe jpsanchez you're one of those people who have more acid in your fingerprints and you need to wipe down your guns down after touching them everytime?

I don't know what it's called, but my brother in-law has alot of "acid" in his fingerprints. I can carry all week & only wipe the gun down a couple times with a oil rag. I've told him this, now everytime he leaves the SOB will touch all the rifles in the gun rack, without anyone seeing him. 2 days later everyone he touched will have rusty fingerprints. I wipe them all down everytime he's been there. He's not a "gun" person, big city liberal, he thinks it's funny. Maybe jpsanchez you're one of those people who have more acid in your fingerprints and you need to wipe down your guns down after touching them everytime?
can't you lock the door to where the guns are..??

or put them in a glass cabinet?

either that, or forbid him to visit.

frankly, i'd not have anyone in my family, over at the house if he/she did that :poop: to my belongings.

maybe go over to his house, open up his underwear drawer, and pee in it..???

hell, i think that's hilarious.

Its actually called fingerprint acids, that's why especially on my blued guns I use Lucas Oil Extreme Duty CLP, it states that it neutralizes fingerprint acids...FYI

Back