testtest

Scope options

Alot of choices in low power variables out there. Make sure you get a reticle that works against natural backgrounds vs. a target at the range.

This is my current set up but don't know if I should keep it as it or go with the scope
20200906_080047.jpg

I only use 1-4Xs on my Tier 1 ARs. But have a varmit AR with a higher-powered scope.

Size and weight, and what the reticle is & how useful it is in the field w/o illumination are key factors to me.

My .02

Come again? Not catching what you're throwing out there.
Most red dots have a larger field of view with the eye piece as opposed to a traditional scope. I think they call that “eye relief” ?
Think making your thumb and index finger in the shape of a “C” as opposed to touching them Together to form a circle or “ok” sign

most red dots will have quicker acquisition ability vs sticking your eye into a scope

Most red dots have a larger field of view with the eye piece as opposed to a traditional scope. I think they call that “eye relief” ?
Think making your thumb and index finger in the shape of a “C” as opposed to touching them Together to form a circle or “ok” sign

most red dots will have quicker acquisition ability vs sticking your eye into a scope
Eye relief is the distance between the shooters dominant eye & the ocular lens of the scope. Red dots field of view are always the same unless you add a magnifier or it's magnified itself.
targettamers_eyerelief_800px_compressed.png

I have a Strike Eagle 1-6 on one of my AR’s. I am very pleased with it. I like the fact I have the magnification. I have an AR set up with a red dot for CQB situations and it’s quick. In regards to both the red dot is quicker, for me whereas my Strike Eagle, although is quick I am still putting my reticle on target. The benefit is the magnification and illumination.

Back