testtest

Scope

That's the traditional magnification and objective size for a hunting rifle. The reviews I've seen on the accupoint make me question its durability and ability to stand up to a more stout rifle like a .270 or 30.06. Personally I don't think you can go wrong with Leupold. I've had a VX-II on my A-bolt for over 20 years and it's worked great.

From what I've read on this site about scope brands it has been hit or miss on quality regardless of price. I have a trijicon 2.5-10x56 and it has help up to recoil on 264 and 300wm, but did have a leupold on it for 30+ years before changing it. Only changed it for a thermal. The leupold still holds 0 and will git put on another rifle. I hope it will be a hit and not a miss!

Trijicon makes great products. 3x9 should be fine depending on how far you are wanting to shoot it or what you are hunting in. If you are hunting in woods and limited to longer shots vs open fields or power lines or even just wanting a scope just to have for the range. 3x15 or a 4x16 could be something to look at.

I’ve got an Accupoint 6-20x50 on my precision .308; holds up great, has good, clear glass with good resolution (not as good as my Swarovski, but...it’s also less than half the price).

It should do just fine on a 270...not that there’s anything wrong with Leupolds.

Back