testtest

SDS / Tisas - opinions ?

TidalWave

Professional
Anybody own & regularly shoot a Tisas?
Specifically, I’m looking at a stainless 4.25in (?) commander size; it has the black grips. ( sorry, I forgot the model# ).
Curious to know opinions of Tisa, esp fit. & finish, and accuracy.. Wondering if it’s worth $580 range.

Anybody own & regularly shoot a Tisas?
Specifically, I’m looking at a stainless 4.25in (?) commander size; it has the black grips. ( sorry, I forgot the model# ).
Curious to know opinions of Tisa, esp fit. & finish, and accuracy.. Wondering if it’s worth $580 range.
i have a Tisas G'ment model, 5" barrel. shoots like a dream for the price, and i love it.

what surprised me, was that the MSH is METAL, and the more expensive Ruger SR, had PLASTIC....!!

which i quickly switched out to a metal one from Ed Brown.

Tisas makes very good guns, as does Rock Island Armory, and Charles Daly, for the prices....

QoHuXPAQZFvI4i4VtcmOus5eS--1QsN1S0Ud4IsHiBo4dIsxqfA7b5FmxPgaNG1q_6jDOtMXn59lSG7ADtjY8QvhTciufSagISLppEPSQ9Mx56ZUUDjpSFEQoQPFPzagr9tEo7cehebxs4OZkAharAH2V1-2LSyA5E5Ui_YhjochuTBuEKv5083WLaN3BsxicYbCycR2etDZ9UaZg4EHJT-Xv9C2QR55MKqUFmsA-GJvWR4tQ5aojf-Nr4HXi03hVCOi1RPtw9xX6BRxqmkQPos_jDrGL8f4nocNdZDyGAKiVGsNQo2uuFDgV8EyhUXDsYqrCN1lSxZOc4-VTsv1dqbuU94N5y1rGUIRPvv4vxLAWzbhz_uYtvglYgaUUaNQQqI_62LGynM23Bs4iGV6kRL8bI8-fJrG0rYMX57PWLaEnpkbYnnOjP3yPbg_8smhQDdwjx7ymvL5gvCF-zUNSYedCyg-K0XRLN9RvwmeymXf7t-4llzB4WIGhq1XQL4xYD5LgtR3anWnLFZ_7lCvzKXFCbCf5Kt2aE2qHaPmhi6NY1kr7PnIpK_ssFqULpEpLxdGCe-2BIKiyrPMaSqtGc6VdpAssw3ezSZtH77ZmPHgAXJqYb0RpRqWha8aa6iuXIRK3dmQTFDbd8pUs8qvoMgezuUTMrhwOoR_PpP0ehLk-sRaL03ErKEEKwFE0Ogoj4act-6x2TayhuLdmu4MgOk=w1250-h937-no

I have no personal experience with Tisas, but my FFL speaks very highly of them. He said he transfers a ton of them and has never heard any of his customers complain about problems. From what I can tell, Tisas punches above it's weight and offers very high quality for the price. I would've already bought one if I were a bigger 1911 guy. Any 1911 I buy will be more of a BBQ gun, so I will probably save up for an American version.

Thanks for the input guys…

Went by the LGS that had several snd looked at the stainless one again. This time I pushed on the barrel hood and tried to wiggle the slide.
Slide was pretty firm but not perfectly so - thought i felt a slight give. Barrel hood had the faintest give when I pushed down.
I’m going to check my Springers & RIA in the AM and see if they’re similar.

Back