testtest

Severe weather today………

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Looks like our friends in Oklahoma and northern Texas may be under the gun today……..be safe and vigilant on the weather today…… IMG_2702.pngIMG_2703.png
Early radar returns and the SPC outlooks for today and tomorrow

Today is the 10 anniversary of the F5 tornado that came through central Arkansas and killed 16 people and injured over a hundred others, heavily damaging the city of Mayflower and pretty much wiping out the city of Vilonia.

I worked search and rescue during the aftermath of that tornado and it's destructive power was just massive.

i hope everyone was OK and unharmed

we got beat to the end last night 5.57 of rain in almost 2 hr s time
then power off for an hr.
then it came back on and second round hit and BOOM no pwr for almost 3 hrs
this time i braved the lighting and set the generator to run the house
we couldn't see the grass in the yard from the amount of water that was coming down
drainage ditches over flowed into the street, which in-turn flooded down stream neighbors yards and cross street
33- 35 mph steady winds and few gusts over 50
really weird as most of wind was from the south west, which hit the house more on the corner vice dead on the front which is 25 x 14 so its a big area of wind break. most of that is garage doors
7x8 and 12 x 13 ...i am so happy i paid for the GOOD doors (y)

So far most of the nasty stuff that's been hitting the rest of the country has missed us here in West Tennessee. We have had some heavy rain and strong winds at times. But nothing like what some folks are getting.
I did walk outside yesterday and find a large limb from one of my Sycamores laying in the yard. I guess it came down sometime in the night.
Momma Gaia seems to be upset with us.
I wish all in the path of this stuff well.

Back