testtest

Shooting Tips

cico7

Custom
I did not see a similar thread so I decided to post a few tips for anyone interested in improving their shooting.
1) Take lessons from NRA program, LGS, range programs.
2) Get a shooting buddy- someone to encourage you and challenge you
3) Watch Paul Harrel videos and similar vids that can help you understand what you are doing.
4) Use different target - steel, paper, plates,
5) Teach someone else - this always helps me learn what I do wrong.
6) Follow leaders on the boards, we have a lot of seasoned individuals here with a ton of knowledge.
7) Vary your methods, read articles and watch videos from different sources.
8) Enter competitions - low level, anything to challenge you.
9) Have FUN
10) Practice with purpose. Don't throw lead downrange. Use drills you can find on line.

Attachments

• RightTarget B.pdf
    26.5 KB · Views: 172
  • dot-torture-target.jpg
    dot-torture-target.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 94
  • Darts.pdf
    157.7 KB · Views: 88
And a few more specific tips:
Do not adjust your grip after each shot
Release the trigger slowly until it resets before your next shot
When you pull the trigger, pull it all the way back and pause.
Practice with a pen, click slowly push in and release slowly, dont slap it.

Just some ideas......

Excellent idea, @cico7 ! (y)

I'm nowhere near a great shot, myself, but I like to go after it, in hopes of improvement. :) So, in the spirit of this thread, I'd like to "bracket" the above "novice/beginner" posts, with something that's coming at this from perhaps the other end of things:

Gabe White's Technical Skills Test is extremely well thought-out, and can be a benchmark for both the intermediate shooter as well as serve as a nice challenge for anyone from that level up. His video on that page not only breaks down the "why's" behind the "how's" of the test, but also goes quite a bit into a deeper dive on the former.

The Tactical Relevance to B8 Targets​

Attachments

• Tap_Rack_B-8.pdf
    55.2 KB · Views: 120
  • NRA-B-8-Target-Red-Center-Adapted-by-Targets4Free.pdf
    482.2 KB · Views: 126
Practice shooting at a moving target. This will come in very handy later in life when you're an old man and you no longer have steady hands. :)
If you really want to up the difficulty level, practice shooting at moving targets while you are also moving. Just when you get to thinking you're a pretty good shot the instructor goes and throws some shite like that at ya. ;)

Not sure about Android phones, but you can download a shot timer app if you have an iPhone. Might be useful sometime.

Back