testtest

Shot Show Canceled......boooo

xdman

Self appointed Chief Armorer
Staff member
Actually it may be a good thing, even in normal years every one catches the Trade Show flu. Combined with the Rona’s and you would have a mutated monster strain or something.
What sucks is that my Nevada Non Resident CCW expires in Feb. I always renew every couple years during the show. I wondered how they are handling the required classroom, and required in person fingerprints etc. I may have to fly yo Vegas for a day just to renew in person. But it’s better than having to start all over. Anyone in NV that can tell me what’s been updated with the process? If anything.

Man that's a bummer xdman. I was so looking forward on watching the videos that come out of the show. I went to the link you provided and just got a blank screen (could be my computer though). The menu bars were accessible in the right top corner, so I selected announcements, found the cancellation notice, and linked it below in case other may experienced what I did. I hope you don't mind. :)

Thank you @BET7 my phone has been acting weird all day on it‘s signal.
My pleasure xdman, and good luck with renewing your Nevada non resident CCW. If I remember correctly, I believe forum member @jthumper spoke about being a Nevada resident and that perhaps the two of you could meet up at this year's show (which unfortunately is now canceled). I haven't seen him post recently, but perhaps he could answer you questions.

4EFF7C57-6CB0-4615-945D-67CAB5D76108.jpeg

Actually it may be a good thing, even in normal years every one catches the Trade Show flu. Combined with the Rona’s and you would have a mutated monster strain or something.
What sucks is that my Nevada Non Resident CCW expires in Feb. I always renew every couple years during the show. I wondered how they are handling the required classroom, and required in person fingerprints etc. I may have to fly yo Vegas for a day just to renew in person. But it’s better than having to start all over. Anyone in NV that can tell me what’s been updated with the process? If anything.
That really sucks! I was looking forward to getting into the show and hanging with you James.

The process hasn't really changed. I still have about another 100 days wait for mine to come in. The great thing is Metro is now open on the weekends. I don't know if you have a particular guy that you go to out here. I took my class with the lead instructor of the Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club out in Boulder City. I am a club member and an instructor for the Junior shooters out there.

My pleasure xdman, and good luck with renewing your Nevada non resident CCW. If I remember correctly, I believe forum member @jthumper spoke about being a Nevada resident and that perhaps the two of you could meet up at this year's show (which unfortunately is now canceled). I haven't seen him post recently, but perhaps he could answer you questions.
I can't get notified if you don't have the "d" in there. ;)

I have been pretty busy at work and setting up the new Junior shooter program for the club.

That really sucks! I was looking forward to getting into the show and hanging with you James.

The process hasn't really changed. I still have about another 100 days wait for mine to come in. The great thing is Metro is now open on the weekends. I don't know if you have a particular guy that you go to out here. I took my class with the lead instructor of the Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club out in Boulder City. I am a club member and an instructor for the Junior shooters out there.
Both my renewal classes were the free class at “the gun store”. I guess the plan is to fly out for a day and just take what I can get. Too bad if I renew now I would loose time on the license and throw me off on renewals to time with the Shot Show. If I could just do it now Southwest has killer deals and no middle seat. Who knows what the world will be like in Jan that’s practically a lifetime away.

Both my renewal classes were the free class at “the gun store”. I guess the plan is to fly out for a day and just take what I can get. Too bad if I renew now I would loose time on the license and throw me off on renewals to time with the Shot Show. If I could just do it now Southwest has killer deals and no middle seat. Who knows what the world will be like in Jan that’s practically a lifetime away.
There are classes always going on. I don't know how long it takes you to get your out of state permit but I won't have mine until Feb 8. I am scared of how long it will take to get approved to become a CCW instructor.

The annual NRA Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, PA is also cancelled this year. it takes up the entire massive PA Farm Show Complex for an entire week every February and draws huge crowds. :(

Back