testtest

Should I pick up another XD9 4” or 3”?

What do u really want. If it is the XD9 4" then either wait it out or try another gun shop. Like me if I want something nothing else will do. If u want something now and still plan on getting what u want later then go ahead. Can't have to many.
I’m still getting the 4”. I’ve already paid for it... full price. Not just a deposit. I’ve waited a month. So I figure I might as well keep waiting. I was just considering getting a second 4” because the price was nice. Same with the 3”.

I’m still getting the 4”. I’ve already paid for it... full price. Not just a deposit. I’ve waited a month. So I figure I might as well keep waiting. I was just considering getting a second 4” because the price was nice. Same with the 3”.
Nothing wrong with having more that one gun of the same. If the price is nice its time to buy. Not sure if you are into getting all kinds of guns or just a few. If its just a few I would go with the 3" first because you are getting a 4" already and you can see which you like more or can carry more comfortably. If its more than a few I would get all 3 of them.

Do you really want the subcompact? You already purchased the 4". Would the subcompact just be one that sits in your safe and collects dust? Would the price of the subcompact be better spent on a holster and ammo for your 4"? Or would the subcompact be one that you carry and shoot often? I would cancel my order with the other FFL that has taken a month and no results, and get a refund and buy the 2nd 4" at the better price.

In my opinion I would not buy the 3", because it is not too much difference in the 4" unless you want to carry the compact.
Nothing wrong with having two of the same, you will be familiar with all the the controls if you ever needed it in a pinch.
I have done similar with the MOD-2.
I bought a 9mm compact and liked it so much I bought a 5" Tactical.
I use the 5" for the range and what I learn from it can transfer to the compact, all the controls are the same.

Do you really want the subcompact? You already purchased the 4". Would the subcompact just be one that sits in your safe and collects dust? Would the price of the subcompact be better spent on a holster and ammo for your 4"? Or would the subcompact be one that you carry and shoot often? I would cancel my order with the other FFL that has taken a month and no results, and get a refund and buy the 2nd 4" at the better price.
I’ve thought about it. But I figured I’ve waited this long, I might as well just keep waiting and stop being impatient. I did contact SA just to get some sort of clarity. And it kinda helped. Plus I have a feeling if I try to cancel the order, they’ll try to charge me some BS restocking fee. Although he did offer to get me into another gun that he had in stock.

Personally, if you are confident the pistol will make it to you, I wouldn't buy another of the same exact firearm, unless you plan on carrying on both hips? ;) I know some like to have a training and a carry pistol in the same firearm, so there is some argument for that, if you plan on shooting enough to wear the pistol out...

I would actually buy the subcompact. I have at this time 4 H&K's that rotate as EDC's with some others thrown in rarely. Two are what is considered Compact P30 and P2000 and two are subcompact P30sk and P2000sk. Some are .40 and some are 9mm. There is probably a VP9 in the future. You could also consider the same gun in a different caliber. In times when 9mm is hard to find, now, .40 is always easier to find.

The XD9 was my first handgun and just love it.

Attachments

• SpringfieldX9.jpg
    SpringfieldX9.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 268
Back