testtest

Sig Carry Guns: What do SAS and SRT Mean?

I've actually never had the opportunity to shoot a Sig handgun. I've handled them in gun stores, but I usually always pass them by mainly based on cost, they always seem like the most expensive model of whatever kind of handgun I'm looking for. I absolutely love the Sig Optic set up I have on my AR15 but as far as their handguns go, I've just never been able to justify the extra 3 or $400 they always seem to cost. Are they that good of a handgun? Is there something about them that would justify the cost?

Last edited:
I've actually never had the opportunity to shoot a Sig handgun. I've handled them in gun stores, but I usually always pass them by mainly based on cost, they always seem like the most expensive model of whatever kind of handgun I'm looking for. I absolutely love the Sig Optic set up I have on my AR15 but as far as their handguns go, I've just never been able to justify the extra 3 or $400 they always seem to cost. Are they that good of a handgun? Is there something about them that would justify the cost?
Yes
Like quality hunting gear, buy stuff that will last a lifetime.
I am 30,000 rounds into a 1992 Sig 228 and 5000 rounds plus on a newer P320 legion x five and about 2000 rounds thru a legion P220.
Reliabilty has never been an issue.
i feel the same way about Browning pistols, Springfield 1911’s and almost all HK pistols.
i buy guns that my grandkids will inherit that are made to last forever

They forgot about DAO DAK & SAO.
Fell for the Sig line back in high school. Soon as I turned 21, I bought my P226. I've had her almost as long as my wife. I wouldn't let go of either. I've recently added a DAO P220 in 45 & another DA/SA P220 with European frame. They were all born in Germany. I've owned and shot other brands and models, just can't beat the quality.

I like all of the ones I own. All the P320 Nitron's (9mm, .40, .357 Sig, .45), with several different grips and 2 X-change kits), P365, and P365XL. I was looking at the P365 SAS, but was told by several that the sights were not always visible in low light conditions (one guy was actually a SIG dealer at a LGS). So I held off on that one. But they are all fine quality firearms in my opinion. Some of Germany's finest engineering on display.

I had one of the original P226 SAS’s 10-15 years ago; the two-tone version with the high-grade wood grips and DAK trigger...kinda wish I’d kept that one.

They make SAS versions of all of their P-series pistols, iirc.

The SRT trigger is, imho, a must-have on their DA/SA pistols. Once you learn how to ride it, rapid, accurate follow-ups are a breeze.

I installed an SRT kit in my P239 and my P229 (along with lighter hammer springs.) As @HansGruber mentioned, it's a must have on DA/SA triggers. My largest is a 2340 and the smallest the 365. I don't know what it is about Sigs, but the holes show up on the targets where I want them to be.

Man those hammered Sigs are fantastic looking. I've never shot a Sig, but I want to. When the availability comes back to normal I plan on buying a couple really nice pistols. Hammered, decockers, SA/DA, etc.. The ones on my short list so far are all HKs. P30L, USP, Mark 23. I really haven't decided. I really like the P30L and I would get that in 9mm, but I have a weakness for .45s, hence the attraction to the USP and Mark 23.

Now that I've seen some of these Sigs it's got me thinking. I kind of want a few more nice, steel pistols.

Last edited:
Man those hammered Sigs are the fantastic looking. I've never shot a Sig, but I want to. When the availability comes back to normal I plan on buying a couple really nice pistols. Hammered, decockers, SA/DA, etc.. The ones on my short list so far are all HKs. P30L, USP, Mark 23. I really haven't decided. I really like the P30L and I would get that in 9mm, but I have a weakness for .45s, hence the attraction to the USP and Mark 23.

Now that I've seen some of these Sigs it's got me thinking. I kind of want a few more nice, steel pistols.

Well, unless you get one of the Elites, most Sigs are alloy frame... ;)

I will say, a Sig DA/SA trigger is much better than most HK triggers. Even the HK Match triggers are not as good as, say, a GrayGuns massaged Sig.

Well, unless you get one of the Elites, most Sigs are alloy frame... ;)

I will say, a Sig DA/SA trigger is much better than most HK triggers. Even the HK Match triggers are not as good as, say, a GrayGuns massaged Sig.

I was thinking about that the other night after looking at this thread. It doesn't seem like you can just buy one already done up with the SRT and SAS or whatever nice trigger treatments you were talking about. I assume you buy the gun then ship it off to GrayGuns?

I was thinking about that the other night after looking at this thread. It doesn't seem like you can just buy one already done up with the SRT and SAS or whatever nice trigger treatments you were talking about. I assume you buy the gun then ship it off to GrayGuns?

A lot of off the shelf Sigs come with SRT’s standard, now; as far as GrayGuns, I’m not sure if they still do custom work, but you can buy their trigger kits.

Or buy a Legion, which has a GrayGuns SRT trigger standard (in the DA/SA models).

Last edited:
Man those hammered Sigs are fantastic looking. I've never shot a Sig, but I want to. When the availability comes back to normal I plan on buying a couple really nice pistols. Hammered, decockers, SA/DA, etc.. The ones on my short list so far are all HKs. P30L, USP, Mark 23. I really haven't decided. I really like the P30L and I would get that in 9mm, but I have a weakness for .45s, hence the attraction to the USP and Mark 23.

Hk usp .45’s are the bomb, right behind a Springfield 1911 😉

Man, that 320 X5 looks great, but the 226 is sexy AF.
Legions are awesome firearms
CBD4CFF7-60B4-479E-AE0C-E0DC7A294DF9.jpeg
A48CF1DD-7AE1-4E54-BD84-C8E05AFDB915.jpeg

Back