testtest

SIG Offers Next Gen Rifle and Ammo for Commercial Market

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
SIG SAUER has just announced the commercial sale of the MCX-SPEAR in .277 SIG FURY.

Commercially Available! The SIG Sauer NGSW MCX-SPEAR

SIG ANNOUNCES CONSUMER MODEL OF ARMY NEXT GEN RIFLE

SIG Offers Civilian NGSW

1642441813884.png

Last edited:
I talked with my Sig contacts today, and the system (rifle/suppressor) in the articles above that Sig will only be make 50 in that configuration all going to Sig Eliet dealers.

After another version with no suppressor but a 14.5" barrel (also a SBR with a stamp) after in greater numbers & a cheaper price.

So the first 50 will esentially be the SA version of the mil-spec NGSW proposal.

Honestly, at this stage of my life, must haves are few. Most things I said that about, I have, or have had. In some cases I found out later, I really did not need it... I have quite a list of likes, and would be cools, but something I say I must have, not so much. We are talking firearms wise at least, in other aspects of life the must have might run a bit more expensive. Even watches which was always a long list have dwindled down to maybe a Marathon SAR as my everyday black faced watch, not even the large one. The small medium uber comfort one.

These days I tend to think what would i take if living in a motorhome if I end up alone, wife's health is not good, and what would I store in storage for my old age apartment near my daughter not so many years down the line.

Just plain must haves... a SW model 19, 3 or 4 inch one is something I have never bought but always said I must have. And then a 4 in EMP seems to be in that list lately. Other than that I struggle to think of something I really must have. Maybe a Henry side gate bigboy in 357 magnum. And even those, if push comes to shove I have others that fill in quite nicely if needs be.

Maybe I got the COVID and am not thinking clear lol...

Last edited:
I'm on a lot of Email notifications from different Gun Manufacturers. I just got around to the one that SIG sent me on the MCX Spear. Interesting descriptions of the different components making up this system (Firearm, Surpressor, Ammo), with some videos.
I found the video on their different suppressors designed in part for this M4 replacement proposal interesting.

If the Sig proposals (NGSW & NGSW-LMG) are selected it will be a HUGE capability increase with the 6.8x51/.277 Fury cartridge, especially in more open country.

In my occasional talks with Sig reps the NGSW platforms & cartridge are impressive.

Back