testtest

Sighting for my BO

SMSgtRod

Professional
Founding Member
Would like some assistance... Have my new 300 Black Out pistol.... 7.5" barrel....

I have yet to install sights on it. I wear glasses and I find in testing that my glasses bump the brace.
I'm thinking of using an angle rail mount along with a riser to have the sight up and off to the side.
I'm open to all kinds of ideas. Thanks
My 300 BO.jpg

^ I'd just go straight up, so you only have one axis to worry about in the offset.

Mike Pannone of CTT-Solutions was a former U.S. Marine Reconnaissance, Army Special Forces and Delta who injured his dominant eye. He uses a vertical riser for some of his optics so that he can get his non-dominant eye behind the optic.

Taking this to your application, you could instead achieve a jaw-weld so as to avoid your glasses, and yet still have excellent consistency.

Currently, higher (1.93-inches and even taller) optic mounts are all the rage with the cool kids because they allow full clearance of forward-mounted lights/lasers, and also gives the shooter a better angle from behind the sight so as to accommodate night-vision. Maybe even the 1.93 mounts would work?

One caveat is that while you will get a better "heads-up" shooting position that should hopefully help you clear your glasses, this optic height can make prone shooting a bit more difficult.

^ I'd just go straight up, so you only have one axis to worry about in the offset.

Mike Pannone of CTT-Solutions was a former U.S. Marine Reconnaissance, Army Special Forces and Delta who injured his dominant eye. He uses a vertical riser for some of his optics so that he can get his non-dominant eye behind the optic.

Taking this to your application, you could instead achieve a jaw-weld so as to avoid your glasses, and yet still have excellent consistency.

Currently, higher (1.93-inches and even taller) optic mounts are all the rage with the cool kids because they allow full clearance of forward-mounted lights/lasers, and also gives the shooter a better angle from behind the sight so as to accommodate night-vision. Maybe even the 1.93 mounts would work?

One caveat is that while you will get a better "heads-up" shooting position that should hopefully help you clear your glasses, this optic height can make prone shooting a bit more difficult.
I have two daughters that are right handed and left eye dominant. One can manage to shoot left handed, the other not so much. I have a couple of rifles with optics mounted higher than I would prefer to help her not kiss the stock/ buffer while leaning across.

I have two daughters that are right handed and left eye dominant. One can manage to shoot left handed, the other not so much. I have a couple of rifles with optics mounted higher than I would prefer to help her not kiss the stock/ buffer while leaning across.

Thank you both. I think I will go with the straight up to avoid the other parameter. Used in the home for defense there would be know sighting as I see it. Pretty well point and pull the trigger.
Thanks again for the response... much appreciated.

What is the purpose, and what type of sights do you want? Are the offset sights the primary?

Is this what you're thinking of?
7.5" barrel not going to be shooting long range.... iron sight or maybe a dot. I could try that approach. Rotating the pistol and having the sights that way may work.... give that Gangsta look... kidding!

Thanks, get a lot of Pew Pew articles. I do have an extra laser I could plop on it for starters.
Im not too crazy about lasers, but they have their place. For CQB i think they are excellent. Anything past 30ft your just telling them where you are, and probably not self defence. For that you get into another ball of wax.

Im not too crazy about lasers, but they have their place. For CQB i think they are excellent. Anything past 30ft your just telling them where you are, and probably not self defence. For that you get into another ball of wax.
Exactly.... as congested as everything is one really needs to be putting the slugs where they are intended to go. The days of pray and spray are over. There almost isn't a safe direction to point the muzzle.
In the home the laser should do fine I think.... need on that turns on automatically when the weapon is being held.

7.5" barrel not going to be shooting long range.... iron sight or maybe a dot. I could try that approach. Rotating the pistol and having the sights that way may work.... give that Gangsta look... kidding!
I have 2 BOs w/8.5" barrel that I shoot out too 200 yards effectively. Running mbus w/strike fire has proven good for me at least! Full witness and have it set for 3 different ranges without the tactical cool 45 offset it's straight up and smooth no transition.

Back