testtest

Small safes for home gun staging

Be realistic with your expectations. A lot of small "gun safes" can be opened with a screwdriver in about a minute, see YouTube for examples. My gunvault mini was stuck closed so I called customer service. They told me how to open it with a butter knife in about 2 seconds. I got rid of it after that. I just need things I can lock and keep high from little kid hands for now, so I don't spend much and I don't expect much security.
If you want something that really keeps people out, you may have to spend some real money on actual safes, not just metal cabinets that lock.
Check out gunsafereviewsguy website.

I have a Vaultek and like for same reasons mentioned by GeorgiaGal. I also have a Fort Knox PB1 that is also worth a look. It is a little larger and has a simplex mechanical lock (no battery). I highly recommend either one, just depends on the size you need.

I own a bunch of Sentry bio-metric safes for just this purpose. To date, they have all worked great and have good battery life (barrel keys come with them in case the batteries die, so you can still get in the safe. Button key pad will blink red when batteries are starting to go). I bought the fingerprint scan model (which also allows for 4 button key access to be programmed), and found Home Depot had the best price at $172 ($99 for just the 4 button key access only model).

I'm looking to stage a few firearms around my house but need to keep them secure. Has anyone done this?

What are the best small mountable safes everyone is using?
Ive got a VLine safe that you can mount under a shelf (I have it in my laundry room under a shelf in my cabinets).

If nudists can carry...you can carry in the shower.

:ROFLMAO:

IMG_20140905_115005_874.jpg

Do you have kids at home? Tiny curious hands might find them as to why I oppose those small gun safes. I have three of these cannon ones from different parts of my house. I do have a handful of rifles that is why I got three of em. Placed them from different rooms because you never know where zombies might hit first!

Last edited:
I've got two different kinds of RPNB gun vaults from Amazon. They are pretty sturdy and there don't seem to be any YouTube videos that I'm aware of. I have one with and the other without a biometric reader. I'm not that keen on the biometric reader, it's very moody. The finger position has to be just-so. I think the Fort Knox gun safe is probably the best way to go - simple, but super secure. Unfortunately, it's not very big, whereas I can get up to 5 pistols in one of mine if I stack them.

If you have kids at home, you should get one for your guns. You will never know the curiosity of your child if they find it and leaving them unattended. Having a gun safe secures the safety of your family from any harm or accidents caused by these problems. Better place it anywhere if you got 2 or more in case of an emergency. Better be safe than sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:
No kids. I live in a rural area with a lot of meth heads, but in the 22 years I have been here no one around me has had even something stolen out of the yard. Probably good reason for that, but....

Anyway, I have a couple safes. Fairly well hidden. No small ones. Well, by Philmo or BET7 standards they are small. :)

Back