testtest

So, does more money equal better weapon?

Range Day was testing out my new DW against my older Springfield. (First top of the line 1911 for me, have about 8 "regular", common ones.)

.45 testing. Same shooter, 12 yards away. This is the difference between a $2000 Dan Wesson and a $700 Springfield. BUT don’t worry, they both do the job very well. More money means better made, more smooth, more accurate. Bigger argument with wife.
😉

I’ve noticed my shooting skills have diminished in the last 10 or so years. Eye sight has gotten blurry. My shot group was much tighter 10 years ago. But he’s still dead. Age 57 now.

Do you agree or disagree with my assumption?

Attachments

• rangeday.jpg
    rangeday.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 54
Dunno about more money = mo betta, I don't have any high end pistols or revolvers. My most expensive handgun is a 629. I do have some long guns that are in the $1,500-2,000 range. They are definitely smooth, accurate and are worth the money. I would agree I'm not as nimble now and can't see as well, but it's been a fun ride.

To a point. Once you reach a certain level it becomes academic as the firearm is more accurate than the shooter. If all You can shoot at 25 yards is 2.5 inches, a pistol capable of 1.5 isn’t doing anything more for you than a 2.5 inch one😏. You then are paying for finish and flash-and that’s ok Nothing wrong with having something”special”😊

I respect opinions here but fail to understand your arguments. Based on my post and picture it is clear that more expensive is better, which goes against what I believed up until I did this "test".

Can you argue or explain how the DW is so tight compared to the Springfield? That was the point/purpose of my post. Validation or counter of my experiment.

Now I need to break out my old, first Rock River AR-15 compared to my newest DD AR-15, to test my thoughts.... again. lol

I think typically more money means a better made firearm, in regards to tolerances and how they're made to reduce recoil. For example I have an STI before they were branded as Staccato that I shoot better than any of my pistols. The gun is chambered in 9 mm and has virtually no recoil so follow-up shots are super easy to make. But like others have said the pistols are only as accurate as you can shoot them. So buy what you want shoot the way you like it and just have a good time.

Range Day was testing out my new DW against my older Springfield. (First top of the line 1911 for me, have about 8 "regular", common ones.)

.45 testing. Same shooter, 12 yards away. This is the difference between a $2000 Dan Wesson and a $700 Springfield. BUT don’t worry, they both do the job very well. More money means better made, more smooth, more accurate. Bigger argument with wife.
😉

I’ve noticed my shooting skills have diminished in the last 10 or so years. Eye sight has gotten blurry. My shot group was much tighter 10 years ago. But he’s still dead. Age 57 now.

Do you agree or disagree with my assumption?
i have 2 1911's that are Dan Wessons.

i can shoot each one quite well, when i am having a good day.

then there are the days that i cannot shoot well at all.

here is one target of my DW Heritage, specs are on the target as far as 1st & 2nd tries

1709754920027.png

1709754973259.png

and here is a pic of my S/A Ronin, which i no longer have.....again, specs on the target

1709755156753.png

so you tell me....the more expensive DW sucked that day...or me, given what i can do on any given day..???

and finally, my new S&W MP 2.0 45 ACP......specs on target, and clearly not a 1911, and clearly only a $500 gun....

1709755337199.png

good day at the range or bad day..??

guns shoot great cuz i had a great day, or the guns sucked cuz i had a bad day..???

it is NOT the cost of the gun, but the SKILLS of the shooter....at any given time he/she goes to the range.

I have a DW Vigil that I payed $1600.00 for. Also have a 20+ years old S&W 1911PD that was $650.00. Both are in 45acp. At ten yards I don't see much difference in group sizes. As has been said don't doubt both of these pistols are more accurate than I am.
one can buy an expensive Ed Brown, Wilson, Les Baer, etc,etc, and suck at shooting, but owns an expensive gun, just to show off at the club or range.

one has to be able to shoot moderately well, to hit the targets, and get a good grouping.

i personally care less about grouping, but target hits, and the incapacitating area, or kill zone.

i am in this for self/home defense, not ever any sort of competition.

money is not the point, skills are.

Good discussion, didn't want to quote your long post Old Me, but thou you showed great examples and I agree any shooter can have a bad day or a good day BUT the target I posted was one mag at a time between the 2 weapons, the DW in the head while center mass was used for the Springfield. Both shot at the same range day, one is clearly tigher then the other telling me the DW was made better, smoother, more accurate. I mean I can't show it here but just shooting the DW over the Springfield was so different, smooth as butter while the Springfield was "stiffer".

So, I concede the discussion it is dependent on the shooter and his day but based on my example alone. A better built weapon is more accurate. Thanks for playing.

;)

for me a real cheap firearm might not work as smooth as a higher priced one
HOWEVER,,,,,,i try to stay in the 800 to 1500 range on 1911s
my old hands, eyes and wiggles cant be fixed by a 3k dollar pistol
biggest take away for me is
FUN at the range, enjoy the time, the sport, the mental relaxation plus put a few holes in the paper

I would say it's a big fat... maybe.

Can the more expensive shoot better, sure but there are no absolutes, including the individual shooter and choice of ammunition. What obviously shot great in your Dan Wesson might be a poor load for the Springfield. Different loads might change the outcome.

One of the best shooting handguns in my hand has historically since 2000 been a 200 buck East German Makarov.

20240217_124952.jpg

I would say it's a big fat... maybe.

Can the more expensive shoot better, sure but there are no absolutes, including the individual shooter and choice of ammunition. What obviously shot great in your Dan Wesson might be a poor load for the Springfield. Different loads might change the outcome.

One of the best shooting handguns in my hand has historically since 2000 been a 200 buck East German Makarov.

View attachment 53489
that looks A WHOLE lot like my bersa walther imitator

Attachments

• bersa grips.jpg
    bersa grips.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 22
Have owned two Bersas, the Thunder .380 and the Bersa Combat Plus. Both very good , accurate and reliable pistols. So good in fact that they are in use by my daughter and her husband.

The Makarov is similar but very different. It is greatly simplified and uses 27 parts.
i have also had excellent service from my bersa 380 thunder
it actually gets carried much more than any of the others
i bet it has more miles on it than all the others combined
i spoil it and never let it leave the truck at the hog lease, the xds get the beating there with mud and stuff :ROFLMAO:

Back