testtest

Socom threaded barrel question

Slevin

Alpha
Hello,
I recently bought a socom m1a and am waiting back from the Atf for my suppressor application to get approved. I’ve been looking for a threaded barrel adapter/replacement and have really only found one or two that seem decent. In other forums the Delta P designs adaptor seems to be favored by some but the part costs about $225 and I want to be sure it’s worth the price. Another manufacturer is made by a company out of California called Wildmountain USA and there are 2 different styles ranging from $68 to $91. I don’t want to go cheap and have a piece of garbage but also don’t want to overspend just for the sake of spending money. I can’t find too many reviews (none so far actually) which would assist in the decision to buy from wildmountain. Any assistance or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• 05F7A6C7-0925-407F-8F33-A215BF55A506.png
    05F7A6C7-0925-407F-8F33-A215BF55A506.png
    823.3 KB · Views: 242
  • 031A7C42-E74C-4C95-9748-5DA29047DC0B.png
    031A7C42-E74C-4C95-9748-5DA29047DC0B.png
    902.6 KB · Views: 196
I run FN FAL’s and use this company for all my threaded barrel conversions/adapters. I usually have to go metric to inch adapters.

I have zero experience with an M1, but this company makes tons of Thread adapters for all applications of firearms and can custom make them as well.
Maybe it will be helpful on an M1

click on their adapters and extensions tab

Checkout the return policy on the less expensive one if cost is a big issue. Otherwise, I would go with DP. When I went to Gemtech to ask about their adapter (they used to make one) for a friend I was directed there. You can wait for your can then see which fits best (consentricity), or get an inert display can (gemtech) and test them with that.

Most importantly, if you are planning to run a can you need to pick up a Schuster adjustable gas plug.

This will help to insure you dont over gas the system and get an oprod thrown at you. It also reduces recoil a bit.

Back