testtest

Space Blanket on steroids...

I keep the space blankets in my vehicle, mainly in case of a winter driving/snowed in scenario...may consider these bivvys, but they are bulkier.

One thing I’d like to know is what is the shelf life? A couple years ago, I witnessed an accident and had to go into first responder mode; I pulled out one of the “space blankets” I had in my my
kit that was 5-6 years old, and...it was fused together, wouldn't unfold for (poop).

Ever since then, I replace mine every other year and donate the old ones to the local rescue crew.

I keep the space blankets in my vehicle, mainly in case of a winter driving/snowed in scenario...may consider these bivvys, but they are bulkier.

One thing I’d like to know is what is the shelf life? A couple years ago, I witnessed an accident and had to go into first responder mode; I pulled out one of the “space blankets” I had in my my
kit that was 5-6 years old, and...it was fused together, wouldn't unfold for (poop).

Ever since then, I replace mine every other year and donate the old ones to the local rescue crew.

Good point. While I've never had one fuse/stick together I only load mine up in my pack(s) when I'm getting ready to go out. Otherwise, I store them where they don't get beat up.

Last edited:
If these work as good as he says Then I am all for them. Back in 1973 , I worked for a bird dog trainer at the time , my boss let me off at the training area and left. When he went to town it was an all day event. He said he would be back around 5PM to pick me and the dogs up.

I worked 10 hour days and at least 8 were in the field training dogs so I had my lunch and plenty of water. I also carried a space blanket . This day was overcast with rain possible and temps around 33 to 34 degrees. I had 4 dogs , two for the morning session and 2 for the afternoon session.

I tied up the dogs , walked to the training area where we released Quail to work the dogs on and on the way back to get the first pair of dogs it started pouring down rain. Well can't do any dog training in a down pour so I sat in the lean to with the 4 dogs.

To make a long story short , I ended up using that space blanket that day to help me stay warm . The boss ran into some kind of problem and didn't show up till 6PM to pick me and the dogs up. ( I got off work at 5:30 every day)

If any of you are hunters or outdoors people , you should have one of these items with you at all times.

They're also handy for a winter survival kit for your rig if you drive long distances during the winter, especially here out west.

One can get caught behind a hwy gate (Interstate or state) during a blizzard if you don't plan carefully.

Last edited:
Back