testtest

Springfield M968 Limited Edition 1911

I just bought this gun from a local guy and I can't find any information on it. Can anyone give me any details they may know along with how much you think it's worth?
Thanks.

Attachments

• Springfield M968 Limited Edition 1911.jpg
    Springfield M968 Limited Edition 1911.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 233
  • Springfield M968 Limited Edition 1911-2.jpg
    Springfield M968 Limited Edition 1911-2.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 224
I just bought this gun from a local guy and I can't find any information on it. Can anyone give me any details they may know along with how much you think it's worth?
Thanks.

They were a “special build” in 1994 built on an aluminum alloy frames. I think they are true commander length, 4.25” not 4” also. Should be a gushing barrel instead of bull barrel and have Millet sights. Springfield got “scolded” for trying to use the Commander name and ended up with this.

Thanks.
Nice purchase. As to what it's worth...you tell us. It's a market, and what one is willing to pay that a seller is willing to accept sets the price.

What I paid for it wouldn't be a fair representation of what it's worth to the majority. The guy I bought it from was in need of money so I picked it up for 500 dollars. I don't know if that was too much or I got if for a better price than I should have.
What ever you paid, to me, it was very well worth it, that is one nice gun, enjoy it.

I didn't find much detailed information on a quick internet search, but the links below give some information on it and the Egunner winning bid of $820 for one. Not sure what year the auction took place, or it's condition compared to your. According to the description, the one up for bid was based on Blue Book of Gun Values guidelines, and was 75%.

Congrats, should be a great CC weapon, never seen that model before, by just looking at the pic looks like a 4" barrel, the odd is that has a bushing usually 4" barrels are the bull type, nice gun either way.

Back