testtest

Springfield Saint Victor 7.5 w/suppressor?

First, hello to everyone, I just joined today.
Second, I just bought a Springfield Armory Saint Victor with 7.5” barrel (semi-auto pistol). I have a friend that let me fire his and it was love. But it was LOUD! Suppressors are legal in Texas and I know about the tax stamp, ATF 4473, and the long wait.
So my question is, does any have this set-up? Did you have to make any special changes/modifications?
Any useful input is appreciated...

Attachments

• 6802763C-F5CB-4C9B-8A91-E754E32076BF.png
    6802763C-F5CB-4C9B-8A91-E754E32076BF.png
    242.9 KB · Views: 6,289
The other thing you will have to look for is that you will need a new hand guard the threads are covered under the hand guard. I needed up going with a 7 inch Geissle hand guard, Surefire flashier/mount. Hans is right on being rated for small guns, I figured with the fully welded Surefire I would be ok since it is rated for 300win mag. Also I am not doing mag dumps trying to purposely break any thing. You could get faster erosion but in the long run If I ever get over a 1k rounds on this build WITH the suppressor on I would be surprised. Most of the time this will be run sans suppressor.

You could also look into a product like the Rugged RX blast diverter which redirects the sound forward away from you so when shooting the blast won't be heard or felt as much to the shooter. The blast diverter is not an NFA item so no tax stamp or wait just find one in stock and order.

Rugged makes a great product with a great warranty!

Besides the good advice given above tell me more about your ride in your avatar...
Thank you, guys, for your insight. It can be intimidating being a noob and asking questions on some forums. You gave me a lot to think on. Yes, BangBang, they gave GREAT advice!

Next, my avatar. Its a ’13 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 with a Demon hood. I have added a few bolt-ons but nothing major. She's not super/turbocharged, but I will do a cam upgrade next year. I’ll stop here since this is a weapon forum, not a car forum. :)

Thank you, guys, for your insight. It can be intimidating being a noob and asking questions on some forums. You gave me a lot to think on. Yes, BangBang, they gave GREAT advice!

Next, my avatar. Its a ’13 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 with a Demon hood. I have added a few bolt-ons but nothing major. She's not super/turbocharged, but I will do a cam upgrade next year. I’ll stop here since this is a weapon forum, not a car forum. :)
Welcome to the forum!

This can be a car forum in the lounge if you wanted to speak more on the subject!

Springfield has been really great about accommodating their forum members so they created the lounge for non firearm topics where you can find everything from favorite movies to dressing up poultry......I'm not kidding about the poultry part....🤣👍

Welcome to the forum!

This can be a car forum in the lounge if you wanted to speak more on the subject!

Springfield has been really great about accommodating their forum members so they created the lounge for non firearm topics where you can find everything from favorite movies to dressing up poultry......I'm not kidding about the poultry part....🤣👍
You just had to bring up the birds. 🙄

We have threads on cars, trucks and motorcycles and yes guns. We are a great group on an even better forum so welcome and jump right in and enjoy.
Just watch out for @Annihilator he will try to get you to invest in a chicken coop.

That’s the great thing about this particular forum. Everyone here is civil and tries to be helpful to new shooters and experienced shooters alike.
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Saint.

They’re not kidding. Search The Lounge for “chicken” and be prepared to go down the rabbit hole!

6.4kingpin; I addressed this issue in a post about the noise level of my Springfield Saint AR10. As I have said before I expect most of the folks who have purchased a pistol or a rifle that fires a rifle round through a 7 to 16 inch barrel mostly shoot them at a range while wearing lots of hearing protection. Based on your experience, I expect many others might come to the same conclusion as yours if they shoot them while uncovered. I imagine we'll be seeing more posts on this subject as time goes by.

6.4kingpin; I addressed this issue in a post about the noise level of my Springfield Saint AR10. As I have said before I expect most of the folks who have purchased a pistol or a rifle that fires a rifle round through a 7 to 16 inch barrel mostly shoot them at a range while wearing lots of hearing protection. Based on your experience, I expect many others might come to the same conclusion as yours if they shoot them while uncovered. I imagine we'll be seeing more posts on this subject as time goes by.
Whether you’re shooting suppressed or not shooting at an outdoor/indoor range requires hearing protection. Now if you’re able to shoot on your own property with no other shooting going on around you then that’s a different situation.

Whether you’re shooting suppressed or not shooting at an outdoor/indoor range requires hearing protection. Now if you’re able to shoot on your own property with no other shooting going on around you then that’s a different situation.
I typically double up when shooting indoors with the foamies and muffs which would be more then outdoors unless there's some heavy calibers being shot.

I depends on the range.

I’ve shot suppressed on both indoor and outdoor with my ears off—when I was the only one shooting.

We won’t talk about shooting squirrels in my backyard with a suppressed .22; that would have been against city ordnance, so therefore it never happened...;)

Back