testtest

Springfield’s Customer Service

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Few weeks back I ordered a extra 7 round mag and extra recoil spring for my SA 911 in 9mm. Got my order Monday, opened it today and was wiping down the mag and noticed the recoil spring didn’t look right, it was red and brown, took it out of the bag it came in, spring was nothing but rust, tried wiping it down, soaked it in oil, but spring is still rusty, called up customer service, told the lady my issue, and she agreed there would no way she would put that in her gun either, they are sending me a replacement and I offered at my expense to send the old one back, she said, no, just discard it. First time I ever had an issue with Springfield on an issue. My opinion, they got the BEST customer service I have ever dealt with, the lady was VERY friendly and understanding on this, my hats off to Springfield Armory.

Few weeks back I ordered a extra 7 round mag and extra recoil spring for my SA 911 in 9mm. Got my order Monday, opened it today and was wiping down the mag and noticed the recoil spring didn’t look right, it was red and brown, took it out of the bag it came in, spring was nothing but rust, tried wiping it down, soaked it in oil, but spring is still rusty, called up customer service, told the lady my issue, and she agreed there would no way she would put that in her gun either, they are sending me a replacement and I offered at my expense to send the old one back, she said, no, just discard it. First time I ever had an issue with Springfield on an issue. My opinion, they got the BEST customer service I have ever dealt with, the lady was VERY friendly and understanding on this, my hats off to Springfield Armory.
Good to hear!

It's tough sometimes having customer service from certain brands either believing you or even understanding your problem. It's awesome your issue was resolved without a fight that's a sign of what real customer service should be. 😁👍

I just received my 19-rounders for my XD-M Elite 3.8 Compact last week, so should I disassemble and check for the same thing?

I bought my XDM Mod2 45ACP Sub Compact when living in Texas about 7years ago. I had an issue with the recoil spring and called SA Customer service gave them the serial number, took pictures and emailed the rep on the spot and he sent me one for free. The problem was it was the wrong one. Called them again went through the same process they sent me another one. Good this time. Like @Annihilator said they didn’t want the wrong one back.

I was very happy with their service and response when I contacted them about the trigger safety on my XDs . There was no he-humming around just " We will send a label for you to send it in and we will get it fixed for you"

I am happy to speak well of their customer service.

My Hellcat OSP came with a dead tritium dot on the front sight. Called CS immediately, they sent me a shipping label to send it back (just the slide), insured, on their dime. They said 4-6 weeks for the repair, but it came back in less than 2 with new sight and dead-on accurate. Rep was very pleasant on the phone as well. Excellent customer service!

Last edited:
I agree. I have dealt with customer service a few times and had zero issues. It is nice when people listen, trust what you say, offer advice or a solution and have a friendly voice. I appreciate the time (minimal) it takes for the products to arrive at my door in South Texas. The customer service is a major reason to own a Springfield Armory weapon.

I only had to deal with customer service once and they took care of my issue very fast.
When I bought my Range Officer the mags looked like they were left in the rain they functioned well, but they looked bad.
One call and I had two new shiny mags shipped the next day.

IMG_20171223_140128860.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like who ever pack the spring needed a new one 😂 put he's or her's in 🤔 that's my guess.

The RSA design allows you to put the barrel of the Hellcat flush against an object or attacker and fire without the pistol going out of battery. My Hellcat came with the front tritium dot DOA. Springfield Armory emailed me a prepaid shipping label that included insurance both ways. My understanding as to why you need to send it back is that the front sight is pressed in by machine to avoid damage and looseness as it's a very tight fit. At the time, I was told that the repair would take 4-6 weeks but it came back in about 2. I found Customer Service at Springfield Armory to be exceptional. Sorry you feel the way you do but a bad part slips thru in everything once in a while and, if you give them a chance, Springfield Armory will make it right.

The RSA design allows you to put the barrel of the Hellcat flush against an object or attacker and fire without the pistol going out of battery. My Hellcat came with the front tritium dot DOA. Springfield Armory emailed me a prepaid shipping label that included insurance both ways. My understanding as to why you need to send it back is that the front sight is pressed in by machine to avoid damage and looseness as it's a very tight fit. At the time, I was told that the repair would take 4-6 weeks but it came back in about 2. I found Customer Service at Springfield Armory to be exceptional. Sorry you feel the way you do but a bad part slips thru in everything once in a while and, if you give them a chance, Springfield Armory will make it right.
Thanks, for putting me right. It's a bad abbit of mine, I always see the bad side of people. I think it's because of where I live. I've never ordered anything let from the, but I will keep that in mind. Thanks

I consider Springfield Armory Customer Service NO SERVICE.
THE HELLCAT IS JUNK!
I recently decided to replace both my own and my wife's carry weapons with a P365 or a Hellcat. I had my local gun shop put me on the waiting list. As it turned out we got one of each about a month apart. The Hellcat is junk compared to the quality of the fit and finish on the P365 and the customer service at Springfield Armory is No Service.I have no issues with the P365 and both shoot well, but the Hellcat arrived with two issues right out of the box. The first issue is that I do not like the fit of the Recoil Spring extending beyond the front surface of the slide, about 1/16". This not only does not look good, but dirt can very easily enter the slid area. For an ankle carry person like myself, this is an especially poor design and that is what Springfield says it is, as designed. My car gun, a cheap Hi-Point C9 has a better design Recoil Spring. The other issue is that the front sight has a defect. The top portion of the reflective circle is missing. They will not ship me or my gunsmith he replacement front sight, They will not "Sell" me the replacement front site. Their only policy is that I send them the complete upper slide and wait 4 weeks plus shipping both ways for them to replace the sight. So I have to be without the gun for about 5 weeks "to replace a defective front sight" which I an my Gunsmith can both do. They will not even ship the return by air. Shipment of the slide both ways goes ground. I would not purchase the Hellcat again, I will never purchase another Springfield Armory product. I recommend that anyone considering a Hellcat should buy the Sig P365.

I could have said the same thing about my XDs .45 when the trigger safety broke. It jammed the trigger so that it wouldn't fire. I kept messing with it ( after I had unloaded it ) until I saw a small black piece fall out , and then the trigger would work again. I again examined it and noticed the small tab at the back of the safety lever was gone.

I contacted S. A. and the lady told me a label would be sent to me and I could mail it in . In two weeks I had the firearm back and running like a champ.

They gave you an option to get your firearm ( hellcat ) fixed for free. You are the one who chooses not to like their remedy . That doesn't mean S. A.'s customer service doesn't exsist.

Back