testtest

Squirrel Pot Pie

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
With the ongoing supply issues and looming possibility of even worse fuel prices exacerbating the mess, we all should be looking at more frugal and creative ways to deal with our supply of proteins. Turning up your nose at a little bone and fur may no longer be an option.

Squirrel Pot Pie

1650577465488.png

This recipe should also work with other meat sources like rabbits, poultry, skunks, opossums, reptiles, equines, canines, felines, edible insects & other feral/ex- pets. :sneaky:

Last edited:
well if the amount of rain we had last year, and the amount of tree's that produced nuts.....i'll be thinking that this year, the squirrel population will be able to provide people with plenty of squirrel meat.

not me....i just like the "thump-thump" sound they make, when i run them over.

With the ongoing supply issues and looming possibility of even worse fuel prices exacerbating the mess, we all should be looking at more frugal and creative ways to deal with our supply of proteins. Turning up your nose at a little bone and fur may no longer be an option.

Squirrel Pot Pie

View attachment 26641

This recipe should also work with other meat sources like rabbits, poultry, skunks, opossums, reptiles, equines, canines, felines, edible insects & other feral/ex- pets. :sneaky:
Back in the 60s my family ate a lot of squirrel along with fish caught from the river near river, at the time I was making a $1 per hour. House rent was $65 a month and had baby one year old and now things are just as tight if not tighter and don't forget pigeons and no one misses them.

Its meh. If you have to, obviously survive on them, but for now, Kroger supplies better meat.😉

I know how to skin and cook squirrel and rabbit, and shot a lot of snowshoe rabbit as a kid for dinner, but those days are long, long gone.

Back