testtest

Steel cases, Brass coated

It’s like all steel cased ammo...it’s going to be dirtier because the cases won’t seal the chamber completely, and some ranges may not allow it.

Other than that? I guess it depends on what you’re going to run it in...I wouldn’t run steel case in my P7’s or P210, but wouldn’t hesitate to in a Glock or similar...

It’s like all steel cased ammo...it’s going to be dirtier because the cases won’t seal the chamber completely, and some ranges may not allow it.

Other than that? I guess it depends on what you’re going to run it in...I wouldn’t run steel case in my P7’s or P210, but wouldn’t hesitate to in a Glock or similar...
I only have a XDS mod 2 but I don’t want to ruin it. It took awhile to convince my wife to let me buy a gun! She won’t go for another. LOL

I only have a XDS mod 2 but I don’t want to ruin it. It took awhile to convince my wife to let me buy a gun! She won’t go for another. LOL

It won’t ruin it.

I ran, literally, thousands of rounds of steel ammo through a surplus Glock 21 a few years ago, with no ill effects.

Is there better ammo? Sure. But it’ll cost more. You need to decide if it’s worth it.

Imo... i have not seen a western LEO or military agency adopt steel casings.
Neither will I

A few smaller PD’s around here ran it for practice back during the ammo droughts 7-8 years ago...they don’t gave very deep pockets, and often officers were responsible for buying their own practice ammo.

They didn’t use it for duty carry, of course.

I keep reading how steel case is less expensive but Sig makes a lot of Ammo in steel and the cost is still high.

Sig? Or Hornady?

I’ve never seen steel-cased ammo from Sig...but Hornady makes a “Steel Match” line...pricy because it uses premium bullets.

Back