testtest

storm lake machine barrel

223kid

Elite
Founding Member
I have a storm lake machine 45 acp 3.5 inch length. As you can see in the picture it has failed. I cannot find anyone connected to service @ SLM. Lotsa vendors want to sell one. Is it lifetime warranty??
SLM 2.jpg

I was looking for a Storm Lake barrel. From what I can tell, they were gobbled up by Remington and have gone dark with the Remington re-structuring. Its anyone's guess if they will ever be back. I'm not sure what is going on with Remington, at least they still have a website up, I wanted to get some 16rnd .45ACP double stack magazines, but gave up, since they are out of stock for months everywhere.

I was looking for a Storm Lake barrel. From what I can tell, they were gobbled up by Remington and have gone dark with the Remington re-structuring. Its anyone's guess if they will ever be back. I'm not sure what is going on with Remington, at least they still have a website up, I wanted to get some 16rnd .45ACP double stack magazines, but gave up, since they are out of stock for months everywhere.
Remington used the Para P14.45 pattern; they’re out there, if you look.

Remington used the Para P14.45 pattern; they’re out there, if you look.
Yep, the pistol is an 80% frame build, using a Rock Island 1911A2 double stack frame, which at least appearances wise is a copy of the Para P14.45.

I'll keep looking, I found 14rnd Mecgar magazines for it, and could only find one brand of magazine extensions that fit rather loose. They up it to 15.5 rnds per magazine. i.e. I can get 16 rounds in the magazine, but the spring binds, and it can't be inserted on a closed slide. So 16 to load with an open slide only, or limit it to 15 rounds to get it in on a closed side.

I'll keep looking, but I did the leave your email and we'll email you when they are back in stock 6 months ago at 3 dozen different retailers. Gone back and looked several times, and haven't gotten a single email in 6 months. But I admit, I haven't been keeping a constant watch on the auction sites, where you find the rare items.

Back