testtest

Streamlight TLR-7SUB ULTRA-COMPACT TACTICAL GUN LIGHT

xdman

Self appointed Chief Armorer
Staff member
This light looks interesting, it fits our XDS and XDE pistols. I don't think that it will fit the Hellcat though since the rail is shorter than on the XDS.

tlr-7subonsaxd_04.jpg

^ They are two different classes of light -

The X300U-A/B, what is typically considered a "full size" pistol-WML, is nominal 1K lumens/11,300 candela.

The TLR-7.sub is a 500 lumens, 5K candela "compact/sub-compact" light.

The X300 will appear considerably brighter than the TLR-7.sub, and will throw that light much, much farther.

Let your end-use purpose, along with holster availability - if this is important to you, be the actual driving force(s) behind your decision.

^ They are two different classes of light -

The X300U-A/B, what is typically considered a "full size" pistol-WML, is nominal 1K lumens/11,300 candela.

The TLR-7.sub is a 500 lumens, 5K candela "compact/sub-compact" light.

The X300 will appear considerably brighter than the TLR-7.sub, and will throw that light much, much farther.

Let your end-use purpose, along with holster availability - if this is important to you, be the actual driving force(s) behind your decision.
but will the 300 fit my XD Sub-compact. the tlr 7 will not. The attachment rails are vertically too short to clamp the rail of the gun. the bottom of the rail of the weapon is a bit rounded. It fits my M&P .22LR compact perfectly. this is so frustrating.

^ Unfortunately, @DanO' , this I cannot verify for you as I do not own the XD-SC. I was only aiming to answer your previous question of the two different lights.

I've tried a quick Google Images search but didn't see any pictures of an XD-SC with the X300U. I then tried a search on XDTalk. There's several pages (20+) of results, and I scanned through maybe the first three and the last three, but made no headway. There's one singular mention by a member there, years ago (c.2010), of the possibility of pairing his XD-SC .40 with an X300 (https://www.xdtalk.com/threads/my-new-xd-40.151888/#post-2464043), but there doesn't seem to be any confirmation of fitment.

^ Unfortunately, @DanO' , this I cannot verify for you as I do not own the XD-SC. I was only aiming to answer your previous question of the two different lights.

I've tried a quick Google Images search but didn't see any pictures of an XD-SC with the X300U. I then tried a search on XDTalk. There's several pages (20+) of results, and I scanned through maybe the first three and the last three, but made no headway. There's one singular mention by a member there, years ago (c.2010), of the possibility of pairing his XD-SC .40 with an X300 (https://www.xdtalk.com/threads/my-new-xd-40.151888/#post-2464043), but there doesn't seem to be any confirmation of fitment.
thanx for trying

Back