testtest

Stronger recoil spring for XDME 10MM 4.5?

Yes. The XDm-Elite is just a slightly upgraded XDm.

Depending on what you plan on shooting I'd get this....

Recoil Calibration Paks​

Stock No. 13226 - Recoil Calibration Pak - Springfield XD(M) 4.5" - Contains 1 each of the above recoil springs in 18, 20 and 22 pounds. Allows tuning of the recoil function. Three extra power striker springs are also included.

Yes. The XDm-Elite is just a slightly upgraded XDm.

Depending on what you plan on shooting I'd get this....

Recoil Calibration Paks​

Stock No. 13226 - Recoil Calibration Pak - Springfield XD(M) 4.5" - Contains 1 each of the above recoil springs in 18, 20 and 22 pounds. Allows tuning of the recoil function. Three extra power striker springs are also included.

Awesome, thanks. That's exactly what I was planning on getting.

As far as what I plan on shooting, I've been chronoing factory loads, and so far it looks like Magtech will be my go to.

I'll be looking for a threaded barrel, and a comp eventually.

Attachments

• 20220812_200146.jpg
    20220812_200146.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 97
As strange as it sounds I own more glocks on this site than anyone else and the includes @BET7 😲. At last count it was by 1. I have several and all have the largest backstrap on them and some have those rubber overmolded grips. Are you just liking the smaller frames like 9mm, 357sig and 40s&w better for your grip?

I only have 9 😢😭🤣
You're up by 2 now and I probably won't buy any more! I don't want a 22 or a 45gap. I might get the 17L, 34, 24 and/or 35 only because of the longer slides. I do have longer barrels in each of the cartridges for each model. I'm more into building bolt actions and maybe a few more AR's.

They come with 3 backstraps for different sizes.
As strange as it sounds I own more glocks on this site than anyone else and the includes @BET7 😲. At last count it was by 1. I have several and all have the largest backstrap on them and some have those rubber overmolded grips. Are you just liking the smaller frames like 9mm, 357sig and 40s&w better for your grip?

To me, the Gen 3 9mm grip is too big, but acceptable. The Gen 4 9mm with no added backstrap is a little big, but not bad. The Gen 4 10mm is to big, unacceptable.

The XDME 10mm is a little big, but acceptable.

The M&P 10mm was odd. Glocks are like a 2x4, this was like a 1x4, except in the back of the grip with the oddly thick palm swell. I literally didn't think i was holding a double stack 10mm, I looked at it to make sure they handed me the correct gun. If they were reliable, I'd have tried to talk someone at a gun store into swapping one to the thinnest palm swell and letting me hold it. I'm pretty sure that's what I'd have ended up with.

You're up by 2 now and I probably won't buy any more! I don't want a 22 or a 45gap. I might get the 17L, 34, 24 and/or 35 only because of the longer slides. I do have longer barrels in each of the cartridges for each model. I'm more into building bolt actions and maybe a few more AR's.
Yeah, I haven’t bought a Glock for a while now. My collection probably includes more Sigs than any other Manufacturer, but I do have a lot of S&Ws as well.

Found the answer. Springer says their springs work with the factory XDM rod, but not the XDME rod. Wolff doesn't mention the XDME at all, and they must not plan on replying to my email from August 2nd.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220822-185510_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220822-185510_Chrome.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 84
Found the answer. Springer says their springs work with the factory XDM rod, but not the XDME rod. Wolff doesn't mention the XDME at all, and they must not plan on replying to my email from August 2nd.
I don't know why Springer is saying that since there's no difference between a pre-Elite XDm and an XDm-Elite recoil spring assembly.

The XDm-Elite is a slightly upgraded XDm. The only differences between the two are a couple extra features.

My XDm 5.25 10mm has a OEM captive unit, and the newer XDm-Elite 4.5 has the same frame except for the new Elite features.

Since you have the spring pack, just order a aftermarket guide rod to use them & use the OEM for a back-up.

Last edited:
I don't know why Springer is saying that since there's no difference between a pre-Elite XDm and an XDm-Elite recoil spring assembly.

The XDm-Elite is a slightly upgraded XDm. The only differences between the two are a couple extra features.

My XDm 5.25 10mm has a OEM captive unit, and the newer XDm-Elite 4.5 has the same frame except for the new Elite features.

Have you taken it apart and replaced the spring?

Back