testtest

Subsonic ammo and the Saint Victor .308

I need to know if subsonic ammo would work in the Victor .308? Not planning on a suppressor but want the lower sound level due to shooting on my property and only plan on 300 yard range. I am wondering if the rifle action will function properly or will it require me to manually work the slide? Also with the twist at 1:10 what is recommend weight for the bullet (somewhere I read 220).

Not shooting subsonic and my Victor .308 shoots just fine the way it is.

LegacyDefender may opt otherwise
I wasn’t implying it didn’t, it was a mere suggestion. “Most” large bore AR’s come over gassed. Mine did. There are several reasons to go with an adjustable gas block, as I’m sure you already know, just as there are reasons to swap buffers. I haven’t dug into the 308 Victor yet. I like what little I’ve seen.

I wasn’t implying it didn’t, it was a mere suggestion. “Most” large bore AR’s come over gassed. Mine did. There are several reasons to go with an adjustable gas block, as I’m sure you already know, just as there are reasons to swap buffers. I haven’t dug into the 308 Victor yet. I like what little I’ve seen.
Appreciate your input. Thanks for the time to comment.

U
Understood
Was stating I’m impressed in its factory specs is all

The over gassed problem occurs when the gas port is a wrong size. I haven't had a 308 that was over gassed yet! Barrel lengths from 12.5" to 26" barrels and all function perfectly! Any 308 variant (6.5cm, 260rem and 243win) I have except for 6.5cm from Aero precision all over gas on factory ammo. From standard length to +2 gas systems even with adjustable gas blocks. I can't give you gas block size comparisons, because I don't know what they are and haven't asked the manufacturer.

The over gassed problem occurs when the gas port is a wrong size. I haven't had a 308 that was over gassed yet! Barrel lengths from 12.5" to 26" barrels and all function perfectly! Any 308 variant (6.5cm, 260rem and 243win) I have except for 6.5cm from Aero precision all over gas on factory ammo. From standard length to +2 gas systems even with adjustable gas blocks. I can't give you gas block size comparisons, because I don't know what they are and haven't asked the manufacturer.
Yes, I understand what it means when the rifle is overgassed and how one can remedy it. Like I was saying, most, not all large bore, as you described can come overgassed. It was a suggestion, in which, with the AR platform, there are many things you can do from buffer weights to springs to BCG’s, it’s endless.

It just sucks gong threw different configs too make it operate correctly! I usually start with standard weights and pressures and don't have problems! Now I'm down too finding the right powder on some cartridges. I have 4 different buffer weights and 3 different spring pressures that I use problem corrections.

What is your standard weight for a 12.5” 308 vs a 26” 308? There is only 4 buffer weights for, really anything 12.5” and greater. Surely you wouldn’t use a pistol buffer on 12.5” and anything 16” or greater would be H1,H2,H3 or rifle on midlength or rifle length gas system??

I don’t need you to, I wasn’t understanding your previous post about going through different configurations to make it operate correctly but that you start with standard weights and pressure (I don’t know what your talking about here) and you don’t have any problems. I know what a carbine buffer weighs, and as I posted you can go to H1-H3. I’m either confused or we are not on the same page because I was posting a suggestion?

Back