testtest

Supreme Court sides with NY gun owners.

In many ways this is good news for many law abiding citizens in NY, NYC and across the country. My only problem in this NY case ruling is that locally, anywhere, it will now become a revenue grab. Want a CCL…that’ll be $XXX, plus annual insurance, annual renewals, annual background check vendors, etc. Could be an expensive retribution levy, as NY-NY will not be overlorded by the SCOTUS.

Maybe never will there be an equitable, socially acceptable $10 CCL, but that proposed 1000% tax on certain firearms doesn't sound so far fetched. Count on some bipartisan negotiating, that 1000% can be whittled down to 500%.

"There's nothing magical about that thousand percent number. It's severe enough to actually inhibit and restrict sales. But also successful enough that it's not seen as an absolute ban."
- Rep. Donald Beyer (D-VA)

Sadly, we still live in a world where one hand gives and the other takes away. While this is a big victory for gun owners who want to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights, the cogs in the anti-gun machinery are already grinding away to come up with new options to infringe. Celebrate today, but be ready for what comes tomorrow.

In many ways this is good news for many law abiding citizens in NY, NYC and across the country. My only problem in this NY case ruling is that locally, anywhere, it will now become a revenue grab. Want a CCL…that’ll be $XXX, plus annual insurance, annual renewals, annual background check vendors, etc. Could be an expensive retribution levy, as NY-NY will not be overlorded by the SCOTUS.

Maybe never will there be an equitable, socially acceptable $10 CCL, but that proposed 1000% tax on certain firearms doesn't sound so far fetched. Count on some bipartisan negotiating, that 1000% can be whittled down to 500%.

"There's nothing magical about that thousand percent number. It's severe enough to actually inhibit and restrict sales. But also successful enough that it's not seen as an absolute ban."
- Rep. Donald Beyer (D-VA)
I liken it to the requirement for voter ID, though I agree we should have it, but the argument for not having it is that it is an undue burden on the disenfranchised. Same would be a high tax, only the poor would be without and protection of the 2nd amendment. The rich would still be able to play.

I liken it to the requirement for voter ID, though I agree we should have it, but the argument for not having it is that it is an undue burden on the disenfranchised. Same would be a high tax, only the poor would be without and protection of the 2nd amendment. The rich would still be able to play.

Yep, they always want the excuse and option to re-invent and re-imagine.

As for voter ID, most if not all state issued ID fees are waived for low income individuals. Voter registration is free, as is the ID, their argument is moot or they still insist voter ID is bad. Wasn't there a candidate that argued for mail-in voting for poorer rural areas? I guess now those poorer rural folks wont be able to drive to polling places because they can’t afford gasoline.

Recall a skit by a popular comedian in which he referred to not having a gun problem in the inner city, but a bullet problem. Says charging $5000 per bullet and there won’t be anymore innocent bystanders. This is a philosophy being explored and adopted by the smart, super sharp elected.

What we’re seeing now at least in the many bigger cites is this equity thing where pols are giving away excess Fed government funds and local revenues to economically challenged on top of the usual array of entitlements. Seems to me like an equitable leveling the socio-economic playing field and so, no more excuses, right? But I digress.

I don’t think the government social equity engineers will be giving away CCL’s or demanding lowering price of firearms and ammo as they will however do all they can to continue to find ways to take the 2A rights away...just don’t call that infringing. Accept something from the government and you’re now obligated to obey. My state firearm ID obligates me to many unforeseen political proposals and legislation and none will be for the good.

The more they find excuses and divide the (gun) haves from the (gun) have-nots, they always find a way to collect and spend other peoples money on their own self serving needs.…getting re-elected on an issue thats stood since The Founding.
Hey, let’s re-imagine the Constitution, that may become a new talking point for the second half of the current Term if enough fed up people don’t get out and Vote this November.

Well, it took only 111 years for the Supreme Court to get around to this. That's how long this law has been in place. I suppose we can expect it to get to the rest of the 2nd Amendment infringements with the same alacrity?

Regardless, I nominate Justice Thomas for 2nd Amendment sainthood, along with Justice Scalia, with special honors for all those who concurred.

We've taken an important hill on the battlefield, but the battle continues. Democrats never relent, and there are always squishy Republicans who will fetch for them.

I like to read all sides of the facts/opinions. So I dove onto CNN today to read their take.
Interesting from the NYC Police Dept Commissioner:

She admits their approach to licensing all along was a “scheme” 😏

See my highlight in red:

BA6D9980-81BA-4CEE-AE20-2119DA0C21D8.jpeg

Back