testtest

Survival hiking pole

Might be of interest to some.
looks versatile anyway…

Thanks for posting article TW,
From article and comments posted there, looks and sounds like a well made product with many surprisingly good thoughtful and useful features besides just a simple walking stick. And, is USA made too! Pretty nice stuff!

Thanks for posting article TW,
From article and comments posted there, looks and sounds like a well made product with many surprisingly good thoughtful and useful features besides just a simple walking stick. And, is USA made too! Pretty nice stuff!
…thanks Bob… only drawback is the $$… looks pricey to me but I bet there’s other similar options out there, the kind you could slide behind a car seat just to have if you found yourself walking home.
Careful about the concealed knife, in some areas , presumably…

…thanks Bob… only drawback is the $$… looks pricey to me but I bet there’s other similar options out there, the kind you could slide behind a car seat just to have if you found yourself walking home.
Careful about the concealed knife, in some areas , presumably…
You're welcome TW,
Is a bit pricey for what it is in some ways, but the quality seems to justify it if one is needed. Doubt would buy another one just because of normal wear and tear because of quality though.

Careful? Just the concealed knife? Even the pointed end of a walking stick may be considered a weapon in some areas by some people, but it isn't concealed, just not always as obvious is about all. Walking sticks, staffs and canes have been around for centuries. There's good reason for that and it isn't just for average walk in the park either....Well maybe in Central Park it may be a better thing than many? :)

CoastConFan Blog: SNEAKY GUNS I: Gun Canes

You're welcome TW,
Is a bit pricey for what it is in some ways, but the quality seems to justify it if one is needed. Doubt would buy another one just because of normal wear and tear because of quality though.

Careful? Just the concealed knife? Even the pointed end of a walking stick may be considered a weapon in some areas by some people, but it isn't concealed, just not always as obvious is about all. Walking sticks, staffs and canes have been around for centuries. There's good reason for that and it isn't just for average walk in the park either....Well maybe in Central Park it may be a better thing than many? :)

CoastConFan Blog: SNEAKY GUNS I: Gun Canes
Good one !!! ( both message and pic ! )

Interesting concept if nothing else. Possible life saving applications, if one assumes the lose of other tools, I cannot imagine going out to the wilderness without full-sized versions of the tools it offers.

Quality of the tools could be an issue. Just looking at the blades on wonders the setup tang that holds the tool to the handle. One suspects it is similar to those old cheap survival knives from the 80s with the cheap hollow compass bearing handle. They had a simple bolt welded to the blade as a tang and a nut held the thing together. This probably has a similar setup or perhaps a weld, in either case it could be very weak.i cannot imagine each section with a tool being ground and drilled from one solid piece which would be required for a truly strong tool, the cost would be even higher.

One might be better served with a nice solid walking stick and a good multitool with a couple ferro rods stashed around your gear.

Back