testtest

Suspicious Activity

Mountain Man

Elite
Founding Member
There was a suspicious guy in my neighborhood going door to door asking for money during the day. When he knocked on my door. He gave me a sob story about his wife is about to give birth and he needs money to have his car fixed from a friend.
His body language is a clear sign he's a tweaker and up to no good. He held a black cloth enclosed binder in front of him. I moved my hand from hiding my sidearm so he can see I'm armed. I said no and he walked. I got a pic of his face and called the police to report a suspicious person.

Deputy showed up for a report and showed him the picture. He immediately recognized him and told me he's a wanted criminal. He was later arrested that day.

Others had reported him too. Told em he needed money to fix his car to get to work. And a few other sob stories I can't remember.

Stay frosty folks! People are preying on the vulnerable out there. "Be safe. Trust no one." That's what my wife says to me everytime I leave the house.

I had a similar situation about a year ago where I used to live there was this 20 something year old junkie going door to door asking if he could mow people's lawns for a few bucks. The strangest part was he would only knock on doors with no cars in the driveway because some of us parked in a garage.

This guy was known to the police also and they went to talk to him after receiving multiple reports.

You would see this same junkie holding up a sign at a local shopping plaza begging for money with his lady friend almost everyday.

Good work, gentlemen. I'm afraid this will only get worse, if we don't re-open and start putting paychecks in peoples' pockets soon, and get things like food production back online before we see serious shortages.

Call or email your Reps, and tell them you want to OPEN BACK UP. We're learning enough about COVID that we can genuinely target our risk populations, and let the rest of us get back to work.

Good work, gentlemen. I'm afraid this will only get worse, if we don't re-open and start putting paychecks in peoples' pockets soon, and get things like food production back online before we see serious shortages.

Call or email your Reps, and tell them you want to OPEN BACK UP. We're learning enough about COVID that we can genuinely target our risk populations, and let the rest of us get back to work.

I'm all for it. But a lot of people don't have a job to go back to. Too many small to mid sized businesses have gone under. Including a friend of mine had a food business that died. And with governor's like Kate Brown hoarding the stimulus support and increasing tax on the small businesses. "It will save them" she says.

The company I work for has been open. We build and assemble medical, testing and scientific machines. Two weeks ago the company let go 40+ people. Those people will have a hard time finding a job. If I wasn't the only one here that knew how to build some core parts. I would have been amongst them.

I'm all for it. But a lot of people don't have a job to go back to. Too many small to mid sized businesses have gone under. Including a friend of mine had a food business that died. And with governor's like Kate Brown hoarding the stimulus support and increasing tax on the small businesses. "It will save them" she says.

The company I work for has been open. We build and assemble medical, testing and scientific machines. Two weeks ago the company let go 40+ people. Those people will have a hard time finding a job. If I wasn't the only one here that knew how to build some core parts. I would have been amongst them.
"...If I wasn't the only one here that knew how to build some core parts. I would have been amongst them."

If they ask you start training other people how to build those specific parts, do not teach them everything. ;)

Haha! I really wish it worked that way here. But it is harder for people to get closer to my position. I build the secret parts to the LCMS(Liquid Chromatigraph Mass Spectrometer). They need signatures from a lot of higher ups for approval, including the company president. Then I can train them.

Not sure where you're located, but there are manufacturing jobs galore in my area right now (MD) for people who are making medical supplies, PPE, and all sorts of stuff like that. Not the heavy machinery, but the consumables.

The Ma/Pa stuff closing is exactly WHY we have to re-open - the longer we stay shuttered, the more of them will go under because they'll simply run out of nest-egg money and have no choice. We have GOT to get some business back to the small ones, like, yesterday.

Back