testtest

Swampfox Sentinel Review: Your Next Hellcat Red Dot?

I installed a Swampfox Sentinel on my XD mod 2. I like it more than the Vortex Venom. The Venom is a good red dot. But I wanted one a bit smaller. So far it handles .40 180grn pretty good. 400rnds and holds zero. I've been putting 1-2" groupings at 50y.

I still want to try out a Holosun 507k. But until that gets released. The Sentinel is a good red dot with a competitive price.

I got mine today. Looks really nice. I have up on the Holosun. Got tired of waiting and cancelled my order. Now need to sell my Romeo Zero. Just not that fond of it. I like this better

one fault the cover does not fit all the way down on the Hellcat. I may trim it to fit exactly

I got mine today. Looks really nice. I have up on the Holosun. Got tired of waiting and cancelled my order. Now need to sell my Romeo Zero. Just not that fond of it. I like this better

one fault the cover does not fit all the way down on the Hellcat. I may trim it to fit exactly

So how is your new toy Guy? My RZ is working great. you seeing any benefits from the swamp fox. Construction seemed superior.

Soooo it's really nice at the range. I'm left a inch or two but it's me more than anything else . My groups are really tight even going fast as I simply can't miss the dot. Even on recoil when nose goes up I'm not losing the dot with the higher window than the Romeo. So I never lose sight of the dot. It's nice and bright too and that's I think at level 6
Feels very durable and I grab it to rack the slide every time. So that's nice. I'm happy and I'm picky as hell too. Been a Pro Photographer for 4 decades so optics are my thing. LOL

Worth the money folks

I thought I'd share what the Sentinel looks like on my XD Mod2.

Attachments

• 20200706_171107.jpg
    20200706_171107.jpg
    855.8 KB · Views: 714
  • 20200706_171208.jpg
    20200706_171208.jpg
    968.5 KB · Views: 746
Thought I would share in this thread too. I just got my Sentinel this week and installed it. Very impressed with the quality and functionally of the sight. Will be zeroing it in this weekend. From what I have read about the other units and have experienced with mine, I am sold on the Sentinel. It is a terrific value and an excellent product.

Just received my sentinel and mounted to the hellcat. Fit is very good and the sight came with the correct screws for various guns. I got the always on version. The problem with the always on is it isnt really always on. In low light situations, the dot dims and then disappears. By low light, I mean at night outside on a moonlit night or at night with normal nightlights in a house. I contacted Swampfox in hopes this was a malfunction. I assumed the dot would dim but always be on. I was told this is a design feature to extend battery life. If you purchase through Swampfox, they will return within 30 days or exchange for the manual version. If you purchase through any other retailer, it is up to the retailer to exchange or return. Most will not return used electronics leaving you with this issue. Ask me how I know? Anyone want a daytime only red dot? I was told by Swampfox to carry a light with me. WTF? I am working with the retailer who is asking for help from Swampfox and this may all turn out alright but I have some doubts. Just an FYI before someone else has to deal with this issue. Take care all and be safe.

Bought mine after a friend recommended it. Mounted it, took it to the range to sight in. Twenty rounds in... the rear screen cracked. Not sure why. Emailed Swampfox, they promptly asked for me to send it back and are in the process of replacing it. Top notch company. Awesome response time.
IMG_4409.jpg
IMG_4410.jpg

I had a problem as well and at first, I was disappointed at what I was told. Since then, I have been contacted by the company and the customer service was stellar. We have not gotten to conclusion yet but things are in the process. I was very impressed.
I’m hoping that that my issue was a fluke. I really like he sight and would love to keep giving them my business. Let me know how it goes for you.

Bought mine after a friend recommended it. Mounted it, took it to the range to sight in. Twenty rounds in... the rear screen cracked. Not sure why. Emailed Swampfox, they promptly asked for me to send it back and are in the process of replacing it. Top notch company. Awesome response time.

That's a pretty alarming flaw and I hope it's just an isolated fluke. The reason I've held off on purchasing the Sentinel is that there is no data available that I'm aware of that shows how durable it is. I haven't seen any drop testing or any other info on its ability to handle bumps or drops. I carry my Hellcat and I don't want to throw something on it that would break if I was shoved to the ground in a struggle or if I was running away and bumped in to something hard during my retreat.

It's great that they are giving you proper customer service but seeing an optic break just from routine firing of 20 rounds at a range makes me wary of it from a personal protection perspective. I'm most likely going to wait for the 507k to get restocked.

Back