testtest

Swampfox Sentinel Review: Your Next Hellcat Red Dot?

Does the Sentinel Co-witness fully with the iron sights? Has anyone done a side by side with the Shield RMSc? They both are a $299.00 msrp. With a good reputation.
From what I was able to find out, it seems to 1/3 co witness (just above the front sight). I should have my replacement tomorrow and will post an update after I mount it and hit the range.

I ordered mine yesterday, and it's already shipped
Thank you.
Do you get the always on or manual ?

Could you please let me know how fast the "shake n wake" works. If I get this sight it will be on my EDC, and would like to know how fast it reacts.
The always version does not have shake to wake. It is always on. I did notice that when the room is totally dark, it goes to sleep. When there is any visible light, it instantly becomes visible.

The always version does not have shake to wake. It is always on. I did notice that when the room is totally dark, it goes to sleep. When there is any visible light, it instantly becomes visible.
[/QUOTE
Grumps said he was getting the manual version, I was asking him about response time.
Does your thumb ever cover the photo eye on your sight?

did you get your red dot yet? I was wondering about the co-witnessing?
Sorry. Got busy. It looks great. It operates even better. It 1/3 co witnesses.

Attachments

• F672B1BF-0CDE-49A3-BC67-7166A466DF74.jpeg
    F672B1BF-0CDE-49A3-BC67-7166A466DF74.jpeg
    884.8 KB · Views: 412
I decided to return my Sentinel. It looks great and the build quality seems high, but unfortunately the body blocks about 2/3rds of the irons. The u-dot is almost unusable with the Sentinel installed.

It may sound like nitpicking but I want a full sight picture on the off chance the optic lets me down.

Last edited:
But the mechnical sights are NOW not the primary focus for your eyes. It takes a few range visits to get over that. The hardest part of a red dot is finding it. Now I find the laser better at that. On my Sig p938 I have a laser and I think I’m faster with that than my Hellcat with the Red dot. So I did order a laser just to compare more my skill with both to see what I like best.

i think as of today the Red Dot is great at the range and outside. The laser is a inside mostly tool

Thanks everyone for your input. I feel like EvilElmo, I would prefer the full iron sight for a backup if the red dot goes out.
On that note what is your opinion on the sheild Rmsc vs Smsc, is the aluminum body worth the extra money?

Thanks everyone for your input. I feel like EvilElmo, I would prefer the full iron sight for a backup if the red dot goes out.
On that note what is your opinion on the sheild Rmsc vs Smsc, is the aluminum body worth the extra money?
I've had the SMSc for several months and love it. Granted I've not carried it full time yet, and had it out to the range only a few times due to ammo shortage. But so far, even just sitting around the house 'dry firing' I really like it. It's perfectly co-witnessed with the irons and sighted to about 27-30 ft or about 10 yds. So far as I can tell it hasn't changed set point since I put it on. The red dot sits directly on the tip-top of the front iron sight. In other words, if the red dot was my target, my irons would be holding at 6:eek:clock.

As for the aluminum body, I can't imagine it holding up any better than my SMSc (poly) has. That may change when I begin carrying it daily, but I'm thinking with just using reasonable care it will be just fine. If I had to absolutely find something I didn't like about it, it would be the constant 'ON' and no way to turn it off except to remove the battery. That really worried me at first, but now it's just second nature ..... when I pull the gun out the red dot is 'ON'. No biggie! IIRC it was installed around the end of Mar or first of April this year.

On edit: I still have full use of the irons in any event the red dot should go away with this set-up.

I've had the SMSc for several months and love it. Granted I've not carried it full time yet, and had it out to the range only a few times due to ammo shortage. But so far, even just sitting around the house 'dry firing' I really like it. It's perfectly co-witnessed with the irons and sighted to about 27-30 ft or about 10 yds. So far as I can tell it hasn't changed set point since I put it on. The red dot sits directly on the tip-top of the front iron sight. In other words, if the red dot was my target, my irons would be holding at 6:eek:clock.

As for the aluminum body, I can't imagine it holding up any better than my SMSc (poly) has. That may change when I begin carrying it daily, but I'm thinking with just using reasonable care it will be just fine. If I had to absolutely find something I didn't like about it, it would be the constant 'ON' and no way to turn it off except to remove the battery. That really worried me at first, but now it's just second nature ..... when I pull the gun out the red dot is 'ON'. No biggie! IIRC it was installed around the end of Mar or first of April this year.

On edit: I still have full use of the irons in any event the red dot should go away with this set-up.
Thanks Joe, that's great information, just what I was looking for. I ordered the alian gear holster for hellcat with optic it has part of the shell covering the optic. That's why I chose it. I'll probably order my optic this week. I'll update when it is all together.

Back