testtest

Tactical Training Techniques: What's A Good Distance For Pistol Practice?

I always like to, and shoot 7-15 yards but like @HansGruber said, I will shoot and finish at least at 25yds.
5127E5F6-8C01-4AEC-A026-5836C7AAB021.jpeg

It all depends on which pistol. The little Shields I generally stick to 20 yards and less. The 8.5" .44 Mag, I've killed deer at nearly 100 yards with it so that's where I stop. You can be accurate with a 1911 out to 50 yards, some guys even further.

I sometimes get...amused...or maybe concerned is a bit more accurate, when I watch some people at the range.

Put up their target at 7 yards, and then...mag dump. It’s lucky if 2/3rds or even half their rounds are in the silhouette, with very few in the “A”. They act like shooting at longer range is insane. Taking your time to make an accurate shot? “That’ll get you killed on the streets, Bro.”...

Funny, none of them have ever been in a gunfight “on the streets” to have any firsthand experience...and tend to take affront when I ask them how would they know, then...

I hope to Hades I’m never in the area if they’re involved in a shooting...gonna be a lot of collateral damage unless they get REAL lucky.

I sometimes get...amused...or maybe concerned is a bit more accurate, when I watch some people at the range.

Put up their target at 7 yards, and then...mag dump. It’s lucky if 2/3rds or even half their rounds are in the silhouette, with very few in the “A”. They act like shooting at longer range is insane. Taking your time to make an accurate shot? “That’ll get you killed on the streets, Bro.”...

Funny, none of them have ever been in a gunfight “on the streets” to have any firsthand experience...and tend to take affront when I ask them how would they know, then...

I hope to Hades I’m never in the area if they’re involved in a shooting...gonna be a lot of collateral damage unless they get REAL lucky.
I am so happy I have my own range. Plus the larger range I am a member of is out in the middle of nowhere and I am almost always the only one there.

7-15 yds is my normal pistol distance also. On a very, very good day, using my XD Mod2 9, with the wind at my back, and birds singing, etc, etc :) , I've hit the swinging 8" steel at 65yds..........2 out of 5 shots. No such luck with the XDS9 or EZ9......yet. 🙄

7-15 yds is my normal pistol distance also. On a very, very good day, using my XD Mod2 9, with the wind at my back, and birds singing, etc, etc :) , I've hit the swinging 8" steel at 65yds..........2 out of 5 shots. No such luck with the XDS9 or EZ9......yet. 🙄

4" or 5" ?

I haven't tried 65 yds with my 4" XD Mod 2 .45, but it seems like a good thing to try with it so I will. :) I can tell you the gun is stupid accurate at 25 yards, with no mods, straight out of the box.

4" or 5" ?

I haven't tried 65 yds with my 4" XD Mod 2 .45, but it seems like a good thing to try with it so I will. :) I can tell you the gun is stupid accurate at 25 yards, with no mods, straight out of the box.
I have the XD Mod2 subcompact 3" model. What helped me on both pistols was changing the red fiber optic to the green. A lot brighter for my eyes.

Back