testtest

Texas man shoots his girlfriend's ex-husband

Jimbo

Elite
I believe the shooter is guilty of murder. If he felt threatened by the ex-husband, who was only coming to demand that he be given his son according to the custody agreement, they should have gone in the house and shut and locked all doors. If, after doing that, the ex had broken into the house, he would then be justified in shooting him.

Although I see an angry ex, I don't see anything in his actions which elevates it to a threat requiring gunfire.

I believe the shooter is guilty of murder. If he felt threatened by the ex-husband, who was only coming to demand that he be given his son according to the custody agreement, they should have gone in the house and shut and locked all doors. If, after doing that, the ex had broken into the house, he would then be justified in shooting him.

Although I see an angry ex, I don't see anything in his actions which elevates it to a threat requiring gunfire.

yeah, the ex was unarmed.

i dunno, laws are certainly different in each state.

we have to see if charges will be filed at a later time.

This is what happens at times when a gun is brought into a situation. Are you prepared to face the consequences? Did you really need to kill someone? Are you prepared for an expensive trial if it comes to that or worse, go to prison? You better make really, really sure you need to make a life changing decision before it gets to that point.

I just don't see where the firearm even needs to be brought into the altercation. This is wrong on the firearm owner, and beyond irresponsible. On the other hand, the guy did not heed the warnings and request to leave the property and tells him to use it or he will take it from him and use it on him, then proceeds to get physical. This right here may be why he gets away with it. Either way, it's a totally F*cked situation that just never needed to escalate that far.

Damn man.

Well…
I don’t really know what to think just yet. I read the article but somehow just don’t wanna see any associated video.
Boyfriend has a right to say who can be at his home. He does not have the right to shoot someone “who won’t leave” unless he’s under attack or imminent danger. He coulda stayed inside and called 911.

I will say one thing - in custody/visitation cases that are known to be non-amicable or have third-party ‘involvement’ , the hand off and pick up of the child ought to be limited to a 5 minute process between the parents ONLY and at a designated public place (local VFD? Courthouse square? Library?).
Train wreck case. Who’s reimbursing the taxpayers for the public cost of everything to come from this??

I just don't see where the firearm even needs to be brought into the altercation. This is wrong on the firearm owner, and beyond irresponsible. On the other hand, the guy did not heed the warnings and request to leave the property and tells him to use it or he will take it from him and use it on him, then proceeds to get physical. This right here may be why he gets away with it. Either way, it's a totally F*cked situation that just never needed to escalate that far.

Damn man.
He's gotta act the toughest! Murder, cut and dry! Even with the shove distance there was still not reason! Any further comment will lock thread!

It's gonna be a hell of a mess.
All parties at fault.
That Daddy had balls, respect that.
If I'm on the jury, the BF gets time.
What was the make/calibre of that firearm??

Child custody and visitation issues are highly emotionally charged especially when third parties like boyfriends/girlfriends are involved. Judges often ordered that tranfers of children take place in the lobby of the PD. The father in this case contributed to his own death by being aggressive and trespassing. The history of the father is going to figure prominently in any charges. It should never have happened but murder charge is iffy.

Absolutely no winner’s in this situation and not cut and dry in the outcome on whether charges will be filed or not, this is a situation that never should have gotten to this point.
The custodial transfer of the child between parents should have been done in a controlled environment. This would have eliminated the father being on 3rd party private property which was a bad decision to make that confrontation in.
The property owner did not need to introduce a firearm into the mix even if he had the right to do so. “Grey area”
A young boy lost his father, a man lost his life. No winner’s.

Curios thing........everyone was so busy videoing the action that LE was never called before the shots fired?
We're in that kind of culture: Capture it on video.

These kinds of cases end up in court twice: criminal and civil lawsuit...a lose-lose for everyone involved.

Attachments

• End-of-the-World.jpg
    End-of-the-World.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 139
  • f8e33f1bc09271ccf57ccb2beb34ef61.jpeg
    f8e33f1bc09271ccf57ccb2beb34ef61.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 154
Back