testtest

The 5.56 and 300 Blackout Danger!

SMSgtRod

Professional
Founding Member
I love to load and shoot my 300 BO and a fellow that comes quite often to the range and
shoots beside me has his 5.56. Even though we have a divider between us I take extra care
of all my ammo. If I drop a round I stop everything and get it recovered.
Reason being is my 30 cal round will load and fire in his 22 cal barrel of the .223/5.56.

I have both the 300 and the 5.56 uppers for my PSA pistol. I use the same mags when
firing. I take real extra special care to make sure I don't have any 300 ammo around when
I take my 5.56 out to shoot. Have to watch it like a hawk. Check out the link here:

https://www.windhamweaponry.com/bew...a-5-56-223-chamber-with-catastrophic-results/

I have a 6.5 Grendel 20" and the .224 Valkyrie 24" & 300 BO 16 " but the .300 BO don't impress me at all! But looking at the .350 Ledgen it Does. Thinking hard at dropping the 300 BO for the .350 Ledgen.

I'm surprised the .300 will chamber in a 5.56 but I don't doubt you. Man, that would be one catastrophic event if someone did load one up in a 5.56.

I'm surprised the .300 will chamber in a 5.56 but I don't doubt you. Man, that would be one catastrophic event if someone did load one up in a 5.56.
The 300BO is derived from the 223/5.56.... check out the link...… not good to mix....

7.5 " Don't that cut the velocity in half? I have a "16 upper in .300 BO but that .350 is much better in velocity and range I've been thinking about it. I do a lot of Hog Eradication and have used the .300 BO with good results.

7.5 " Don't that cut the velocity in half? I have a "16 upper in .300 BO but that .350 is much better in velocity and range I've been thinking about it. I do a lot of Hog Eradication and have used the .300 BO with good results.
My 300 is primarily for clearing my home..... we practice a lot.

Having Springfield AR pistols in both calibers I have my 300BO Mags banded to let me know what’s in it and when I take both to the Range I NEVER take both the mags, 5.56 or 300BO Out of the range bag at the same time. Also if I bring boxes of ammo for reloading mags only one caliber comes out of the bag at a time also.

Having Springfield AR pistols in both calibers I have my 300BO Mags banded to let me know what’s in it and when I take both to the Range I NEVER take both the mags, 5.56 or 300BO Out of the range bag at the same time. Also if I bring boxes of ammo for reloading mags only one caliber comes out of the bag at a time also.
I only take one cal to the range at a time...…...

Back