testtest

The 50 Round Practice Session

Oh, and 3 & 5 yards … maybe if you just bought a gun. How about 7-10 minimum or 10-15 would be more realistic
I like 7 yards, I guess it has to do with that 21-foot thing. My Son likes 10 yards.

I watched a video from Baer Solutions called the concentration drill that was also performed at close range. He regularly used this starting drill to improve accuracy for his team guys before they increased the distance to target.

I always try to practice with a purpose. This is a good drill for a box of 50.

due to the covid restrictions at the time and the prices on ammo, to this day, i pretty much only take 1 box of ammo, especially if it is new ammo. for reloads, i may take 2 boxes AND 1 box of new.
50 lasts me 15 min at most

been there done that, but for me, it's still practice and time away from this dang house.
I was thinking the same thing normally I'll do a couple closer range 5 - 6 yd shots but then I'll go out to 20 for a few and stay in between for most of the training.
i practice at the 7 yards (about 20-21 feet) as per my readings of the FBI stats that "most" attacks happen with-in that range.

i do quite well with a stationary target.

i have been of late, putting the target out further and further each time i go..right now, it's at 10 yards..

eventually i'll get it to 25 yards, my states CCW qualification test, so that by 2025, when i go to renew my ccw, i hope to get a better score, as i will also be older, and THAT might be my last time for any more renewals.

Last edited:
due to the covid restrictions at the time and the prices on ammo, to this day, i pretty much only take 1 box of ammo, especially if it is new ammo. for reloads, i may take 2 boxes AND 1 box of new.

been there done that, but for me, it's still practice and time away from this dang house.

i practice at the 7 yards (about 20-21 feet) as per my readings of the FBI stats that "most" attacks happen with-in that range.

i do quite well with a stationary target.

i have been of late, putting the target out further and further each time i go..right now, it's at 10 years.

eventually i'll get it to 25 yards, my states CCW qualification test, so that by 2025, when i go to renew my ccw, i hope to get a better score, as i will also be older, and THAT might be my last time for any more renewals.
How far is "10 years"? 😄

How far is "10 years"? 😄

baby-scared.gif

too far to even see the danged target..??

(i made a correction...thanks..!) ......:LOL:

I like 7 yards, I guess it has to do with that 21-foot thing. My Son likes 10 yards.

I watched a video from Baer Solutions called the concentration drill that was also performed at close range. He regularly used this starting drill to improve accuracy for his team guys before they increased the distance to target.
This Baer drill: 😉
I do it all the time … from 7 yards warm up

I’m at a 1 second draw and 8.5 second total with reload.
5 right
5 left
Slide stop .. reload
3 center
783FA6CD-C613-4B87-917A-38A4CD1F8537.jpeg

Back