testtest

The 9mm Ruger LCR

I will never disparage another's gun.

If a gun is purchased with the intent of it possibly saving the purchaser's life, always go with the best quality handgun you can afford. You life is worth far more than the cumulative total of all guns on Earth. Your life can never be replaced. Hence, protect it with the best equipment possible.

If your Kel-Tec works for you and you're certain it will not fail when failure could mean your death, go with it.

I have no clue of how many professional firearms courses I was assigned to attend. I hope I've learned more than a few concepts from professional firearms instructors.

Since I gotta remain vertical to pay taxes and, most importantly, catch more Rocky Mountain trout, my minimum caliber for saving my life is 9MM. My minimum bullet weight for saving my life is 147 grains. Hence, my primary urban carry gun, in the rare occasions when I do carry (I'm pretty darn practiced at avoiding trouble and troubled venues) I carry my flawless EMP 3 9MM. In a perfect would, I'd carry my TRP loaded with Fed 230 grain HST LE +P rounds. But that is one heavy combo. If I'm unable to abide by Rule One of gun fighting, don't get in one, I'd go with Rule Two, don't get shot. 10 rounds of 9MM and prayers and I hope to be outta a bad guy's sight picture and running to safety.

This might be of help to all survivors: call your nearest large law enforcement agency's armorer and ask him what he carries off-duty. He'll know what does and what might not work.

Back