testtest

The B.A.R.

Bloodknight

Master Class
Founding Member
Just read an article about the world famous B.A.R. Just my 2 cents. Spent the day with one of these during advanced infantry training. Actually, I spent part of the day with two of them. My platoon was elected to shoulder two each of these at sling arms. From the barracks to the range. A distance of about 4 miles. Being Marines, we were of course expected to alternate between walking and double time. Most of the way was double time. two B.A.R.s with ammo go about 20 pounds each. At 5'8" and 150 pounds. I found it quite a challenge. The black and blue marks from the weapons bouncing up and down on my shoulder at double time were a site to see. I began to hate the weapon. I was later impressed by the firepower the weapon and the 30.06 cartridge put out. Gave you a total feeling of power. Shooting tracers at night was the ultimate. I changed my opinion of the weapon but was grateful I didn't have to carry one in a combat situation. We shot them in the prone position. I can't imagine shooting it for any amount of time offhand. I was relieved to see that another platoon was elected t haul these back that night.

My dad (WW2 vet) said theat the BAR jumped around alot.
I Carried an M14."Talk about jump around" guess thats why there was a hole where the selector switch went.Pretty shabby for a world class military.By the way I heard an old WW2 joke about the B.A.R. " Theses two german soldiers are walking down the street one day.Turn the corner and walked into a BAR.

Last edited:
Back