testtest

The Best SMG of WWII Was Italian? The Model 38A

My votes are for the....

Suomi KP/-31

799px-Suomi_submachine_gun_M31_1_%281%29.jpg

Suomi KP m/44

800px-9.00_KP_44.JPG

Always liked the looks of those 38's, as well as Erma MP34's, Suomi's and Lanchesters.

Just pleasing to the eye, not like the "plumbing project" SMG's--see the M3 "Grease Gun", Sten and the PPsH 43 (and the Finnish 9mm copy above).

Last edited:
Thanks for posting good complimentary vid's Recusant,
Ian is always good see and to visit with. He looked, acted like a kid in candy shop in this one with that grin. :)
The other Video was another good one too. About the same reaction from shooter, but was a little more interesting in backdrop areas.
It's neat to watch someone firing full autos from WWII. One should remember most of these weapons are 75 to 80 years old. While many of these are rare, spare parts are even more rare. If a part fails often the only way you can replace it is to have a new part made in a machine shop. If the receiver cracks you may end up with an expensive paper weight.

It's neat to watch someone firing full autos from WWII. One should remember most of these weapons are 75 to 80 years old. While many of these are rare, spare parts are even more rare. If a part fails often the only way you can replace it is to have a new part made in a machine shop. If the receiver cracks you may end up with an expensive paper weight.

Yep, Have found friendly machinists are nice to know!

I couldn't afford them either if I had to buy them today. Do your research and buy wisely. It will pay off in the long run.
If I can't have a real Tommy gun, rat-a-tat-tat, I don't want a 12 pound carbine. The USG paid a good price for them back in WWII. It was either $325 or $425 apiece (I read somewhere.) In the early 1930s the Thompson ads recommended them for farmers for pest control! I feel sorry for the little red fox running from that hail of lead!
:ROFLMAO:
You could buy one mail order and your friendly postman would deliver it to your door. That was a free country.
That was who we were.

Excellent article, with a great history of the gun. What an Ouside of the Box idea for converting from semi to full auto and back again. So simple it seems obvious.
I've not had the privilege of firing very many Full Auto guns, but this one is now on my bucket list.

Thanks again

Excellent article, with a great history of the gun. What an Outside of the Box idea for converting from semi to full auto and back again. So simple it seems obvious.
I've not had the privilege of firing very many Full Auto guns, but this one is now on my bucket list.

Thanks again
BB, thought it was an excellent article too!
On a side note, Italian manufacturing companies have a tendency to go outside the box on design compared to many other countries. Am thinking this firearm and trigger select system was one of their better ideas.

Back