testtest

The Dirty History of Soap

BobM

Hellcat
A condensed, interesting and involved article that's about some of the ingredients of soap making and people cleaning their acts up with soap throughout the ages. Has pics of objects and some other historical artifacts.

i was a kid, when this one time in my neighborhood, the corner market had this disgusting truck pull up to it, it was a dump-like truck, with a "scoop" at the rear. it was full of animal pieces, for lack of a better way to explain it.

i asked the guy, "where is it going, to the dump, pig farm"?

he said, "nope, they make soap outta this "$@*&^"

i walked away, thinking either he was nuts, or he just wanted to be rid of me......

i was a kid, when this one time in my neighborhood, the corner market had this disgusting truck pull up to it, it was a dump-like truck, with a "scoop" at the rear. it was full of animal pieces, for lack of a better way to explain it.

i asked the guy, "where is it going, to the dump, pig farm"?

he said, "nope, they make soap outta this "$@*&^"

i walked away, thinking either he was nuts, or he just wanted to be rid of me......
Can be fond old memories? Haven't seen one of those bone and fat trucks in years or the rickety old trucks collecting scrap metal either. For putting up with a bit of the "ugliness" of scrap, they can be very lucrative business's if done right. The local scrap metal collector drove a new Caddy when not working for example?

Can be fond old memories? Haven't seen one of those bone and fat trucks in years or the rickety old trucks collecting scrap metal either. For putting up with a bit of the "ugliness" of scrap, they can be very lucrative business's if done right. The local scrap metal collector drove a new Caddy when not working for example?
nowadays, schelpers with beat up pick up trucks, cruise the 'hoods" for stoves, fridges, a/c's, anything metal on the curb, for trash day.

but, i see where many of them live....

and i can assure you, thier "Cadillac..???

is the same old beat up pick up truck........:LOL:

i feel badly for those trucks, rear ends sagging to the ground, rear tires nearly flat from all the weight....

nowadays, schelpers with beat up pick up trucks, cruise the 'hoods" for stoves, fridges, a/c's, anything metal on the curb, for trash day.

but, i see where many of them live....

and i can assure you, thier "Cadillac..???

is the same old beat up pick up truck........:LOL:

i feel badly for those trucks, rear ends sagging to the ground, rear tires nearly flat from all the weight....
Unfortunately, or sometimes fortunately, times have changed in the scrap business.
Many new laws are involved and depends on buyer and sellers ethics now days. Used to pay in cash, not usually now.

Back