testtest

The Dreaded Shooting Low and Left

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
There are some common issues that most people seem to struggle with at one time or another. Shots hitting low left are a very common issue. There are several suggested remedies to fix the issue.

The Dreaded Shooting Low and Left

b9d301ff-3725-0219-6323-5a28105363f4.png

This sounds like a different take on the “NOW” drill

My observations. For a right hand shooter on low. Left or low and left. When they are shooting around 3-5” low at 5-7 yards they are squeezing tighter at the last moment. To rectify this I like to have them squeeze as tight as they can from the start but not so tight the gun is shaking (I mean don’t choke it out it doesn’t owe you money)

If the shot is a foot or feet low then it’s severe anticipation. The ball and sunny drill will show.

As far as left I have seen that also be a grip issue as the fingers want to follow the trigger finger. OR finger trigger placement is on the top and not the middle of the pad or first joint. I have been a first joint shooter since the revolver days and did it with DA/SA autos. It also works for Glocks and is just a way not the way. However I have seen it rectify the low and left shooters more times than not.

Back