testtest

The Ithaca Model 37: A Forgotten Trench Gun

Dang, forgot all about my Mod 37 'Featherweight' when considering guns to hold on to. Had mine with a 28" mod/vent rib and a 28 imp cyl/plain bbl since the mid 60's. One of the earlier ones that would 'slam fire' each time you shucked it. Have taken way more than my share of turkey, quail and dove with that old 12 ga.

Can't believe I forgot about the old girl. But it's been quite a few years since me and the old gal have been to the woods together. Such a shame! :-(

Regards,
jumpinjoe

I just read that this gun is a direct descendent of the Browning designed shotgun the KelTec KSG is based on.
I had not heard that story, but it's very interesting. Do you know what model Browning that was?

BTW, my wife saw that Kel Tek KS7, and for some reason just fell in love with it, and she usually doesn't care much for shotguns. She never ceases to amaze me, even after >50 years! He11, she actually carries a 3.5" Judge.

regards,
jumpinjoe

I had not heard that story, but it's very interesting. Do you know what model Browning that was?

BTW, my wife saw that Kel Tek KS7, and for some reason just fell in love with it, and she usually doesn't care much for shotguns. She never ceases to amaze me, even after >50 years! He11, she actually carries a 3.5" Judge.

regards,
jumpinjoe
Remington model 17.

I personally opted for the KSG25, which strangely enough my fairly liberal sister really, REALLY wants to shoot. The KS7 looks pretty cool though. I already have a 18.5" 500, but I am on the hunt for another small HD shotgun. It will be a semi auto though.

In my opinion, the 12 Gauge Shotgun is one of the best defensive weapons in the world today. My uncle owns an old model 37 that goes back to WWII he has owned it since 1950 it has US government markings on it. In the U.S.Army I carried a Model 37 on guard duty it had a very long bayonet and a heat shield with bayonet lug. The 2 3/4 shells were OD GREEN blackened brass base OO BUCK in Black letters on the side of the shells hull.

Back