testtest

The Land of Fruits and Nuts..

Wirenut

Hellcat
"California and Washington ban Chevrolet's Camaro SS and ZL1"

"California's Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) stepped up its efforts to regulate brake pads in 2010, when then-governor Arnold Schwarzenegger signed a bill called the California Motor Vehicle Brake Friction Material Law. It prohibits carmakers and suppliers from selling brake pads "containing more than trace amounts of copper, certain heavy metals, and asbestos." Pads containing heavy metals and asbestos were banned in 2014, and a ban on brake pads containing more than 5% copper will come into effect in January 2021."

www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/california-and-washington-ban-chevrolets-camaro-ss-and-zl1/ar-BB1bMsxG#!

Ok if this is truly an environmental concern, “and it seams like it” then I see the reason behind this, otherwise.
Are you kidding me?????
And the bow tie company is going to take a year to make changes????

If its like Mopars (I work for a CDJR dealer), the performance package is not interchangeable with the standard. SRT / Hellcat models use uber-expensive, high performance Brembo brakes, which are most certainly not able to accept more "pedestrian" pad sets from the lower trim ranges.

All in all, though. I think it's pretty boneheaded. Just another example of overreach in our lives. Maybe the government could worry about something radical like balancing a budget, instead of what materials go in brake pads.

Back in 85' My dad was hauling horses to california and was pulling a gooseneck trailer. Before entering cal he had to stop at the cal weigh station when he found out that he couldn't enter cal without having a brakeaway system on the trailer. I'm not sure how long it took, but it started there and if not mandatory in most states then it's all 48 of them. Every new gooseneck, or bumper pull trailer equipped with brakes I've seen now come this way.

Doesn't surprise me one bit, when considering where it's happening. Perhaps a deep-dive investigation by consumers into who is behind the push for the ban, and the impending requirement to develop an alternative brake pad. I bet (just guessing) that there are some politicians somehow connected, and will benefit monetarily with the end result. Just my usual suspicious two cents worth. 🤔

The premise of the article is asinine and totally idiotic! On the other hand, the title of the article pretty much says it all about those two locations!!! ;):):)

Back