testtest

The Saint Edge 10.3" Pistol has been out for 2 years....

GLD1980

Operator
The Springfield Armory Saint Edge Pistol 5.56mm (SASEP) Announced SHOT 2018

Has anybody stressed this platform out by usIng it for rigourous tactical or defensive shooting instruction or by putting it through extensive consecutive sustained & rapid fire strings?

How does it perform under stress & abuse?

Does the light weight CMV barrel hold accuracy while being fired rapidly?

Do the S.A. marked Leapers UTG ACCU SYNC spring loaded sights hold zero well?

I love my SASEP but I have not yet shot it. I purchased it because IMO you get a rifle that spec's out with rifles that cost way more from a reputable A-teir manufaturer. At $1200-$1500 this is a great buy if it can reliably & accurately fire.

In your opinions can the Saint Edge Pistol stack up to the Top Names in the AR Market? Who do you feel the SASEP stacks up to performance and quality wise?

Oh and can it really shooy sub MOA at 100m?
20191210_004228.jpg

Last edited:
I really wanted one when they first came out. I own the normal saint edge and absolutely love it. The issue I had was price and the thought that the ATF would change rules regarding pistols and I would end up with a weapon I couldn't use.

I do have an ar pistol that I really really like, but it isn't near the investment that the saint edge pistol would of been.

I am curious to see what people have to say about it.

I have around a thousand through mine. For the back up sights I would locktight the set screws. One of them liked to loosen up. For accuracy I have only gone out to a hundred and I can hit a 4 inch wide auto pepper popper easily with some speed. Basically for me I have every confidence in the gun that if I need to take a head shot I could do so all day. For abuse does not cleaning it count? Since it is my personal gun and as soon as I got it I coated it. I try not to throw it around and drag it behind my truck, the optic, suppressor and gun are too expensive and I have too much time in it for me to treat it stupid like. Now it is not a safe queen either, I use it but not mistreat it. Now if SA wants to send me one to **** up I am all for it. Look my last truck gun was a Colt 6920, and this replaced that. The upper/lower fit was better with less wobble. And once the accu-tite screw was adjusted it is solid. For me this is a winner the size allows me to run the suppressor and keep it on at all times and still almost be the same as the Colts length. The Maxim Stock is one of my favorites and I run them on a couple of my guns. Enough so that I have no inclination to SBR it. I just submitted an e-form 1 one last night to SBR another Saint pistol but this one will be even smaller with a 7.5 inch barrel. I have several SBR’s since they only take 30 days, but I like the rubber on this stock. On the new SBR I am going to go all out and make me a Gucci Saint PDW. The one thing that I did change on the Edge was the trigger spring, one spring and the trigger went from good to great.
DC042DC5-5664-40A6-8214-F1D64BFFE69F.jpeg

4D94B190-1AA7-407A-A7BD-1232B51F202D.jpeg

A2E394ED-AA7B-40A5-8FB5-0A09795E85F1.jpeg

Last edited:
I have around a thousand through mine. For the back up sights I would locktight the set screws. One of them liked to loosen up. For accuracy I have only gone out to a hundred and I can hit a 4 inch wide auto pepper popper easily with some speed. Basically for me I have every confidence in the gun that if I need to take a head shot I could do so all day. For abuse does not cleaning it count? Since it is my personal gun and as soon as I got it I coated it. I try not to throw it around and drag it behind my truck, the optic, suppressor and gun are too expensive and I have too much time in it for me to treat it stupid like. Now it is not a safe queen either, I use it but not mistreat it. Now if SA wants to send me one to **** up I am all for it. Look my last truck gun was a Colt 6920, and this replaced that. The upper/lower fit was better with less wobble. And once the accu-tite screw was adjusted it is solid. For me this is a winner the size allows me to run the suppressor and keep it on at all times and still almost be the same as the Colts length. The Maxim Stock is one of my favorites and I run them on a couple of my guns. Enough so that I have no inclination to SBR it. I just submitted an e-form 1 one last night to SBR another Saint pistol but this one will be even smaller with a 7.5 inch barrel. I have several SBR’s since they only take 30 days, but I like the rubber on this stock. On the new SBR I am going to go all out and make me a Gucci Saint PDW. The one thing that I did change on the Edge was the trigger spring, one spring and the trigger went from good to great.
View attachment 2080
View attachment 2081
View attachment 2082
That is one sexy Saint. Your setup is very nice. Accuracy sounds on par with expectations for this platform. Thanks for your input.

In regards to abuse for example the rigors of a tactical shooting course or stress shoot type engagement scenario where several hundred rounds are fired successively at rapid rates with constant magazine changes to illustrate function and reliability strengths and issues.

The most impressive review I've read thus far is by Clay Martin. 3/4" group @ 100m.

Last edited:
View attachment 2080
View attachment 2081
View attachment 2082
Man that is a sweet set-up!!! Ok quick question, with that stock set up you have to SBR it?? That looks like a brace?? I may have misunderstood your post and if I did completely my fault. If you didn’t have to I would be real interested in getting a brace like that for my AR pistol.

I finally shot 390rds through my SASEP today. It skipped through thirteen 30rd mags filled with 55gr 5.56 FMJ with ease. I mounted a Surefire Warden DT blast diffuser and wow the sound is a beautifully deep percussive thump, directed to the 12 o'clock hahaha! The shooters next to me thought I had a 7.62 platform because of the echo. I couldnt place shot reports off the steel at times because of it.

I have a Holosun HE508T red dot. If you like MRDS this is a contender. Look it up but get the elite offering for hard use. I used the 32MOA circle with a 2MOA dot reticle to make sweet quick hits on steel out to 100m.

2 of the targets today were 14"x14" steel yellow squares that the group to our right allowed us to use, likewise we allowed use of our 12"x6" Blue Silhouette ground rocker and the Walmart, Do-All Traps Blast Spinnner 9mm/30-06 orange spinner. They placed the 14" squares at 100m and 75m at the 12 & 1 o'clock and that steel took a good beating from the SIG556R 7.62x39 & SASEP 5.56x45 I shot today. The target face was heavily cratered. I don't believe that they were AR-500 steel targets.

The SASEP placed rounds on all of the steel targets between 75m-100m. It was able to bull the Do-All several times which was placed 75m away at the 10 o'clock, eventually breaking both rings clean off the center but not cratering. I find this impressive because the Do All rings are both small. The Blue steel rocker was the most reliable and durable target of the day. It was 85m away at the 11 o'clock, provided good reports and had no real damage or cratering. I turned the MRDS off going to BUIS and was very impressed that shooting either the Holosun or BUIS provided accurate reliable hits. The trigger as advertised is amazing, making quick follow up shots, or rapid firing strings a breeze. I still need to run it through about thirty, 30rd mags quickly to see if it can handle harsh times, but after today I believe I answered my own questions.

Overall the Saint Edge Pistol is perfect! No complaints so far I just need more ammo to shoot.

Last edited:
Back