testtest

The Trouble With Ticks

Never worried about ticks until I moved out of town and into the country and then I realized what a problem they can be. Some years they are worse than others, but during the warm months I am continually checking myself after being outside. A couple summers ago I discovered one on my side which I pulled off. The next day I discovered a red circle about the size of a 50 cent piece around the bite area so I went an saw a doctor. It turned out not to be lyme disease but she gave me some antibiotics anyway. She said the treatment is the same either way.

My ex and I in our early years moved to a rental house in the country ( I grew up in the country ) . This house had been empty for about 10 months before we moved in. Weather got nice and warm and one evening I came home from work , took a shower , grabbed a glass of iced tea , the news paper and headed outside to sit under the shad tree. ( we didn't have air conditioning at that time.

So I'm sitting there reading the paper and a strange feeling came over me . You know when something doesn't seem right but you just can't put your finger on it. You haven't heard anything but there just something....

Well this yard had patchy places in the grass and as I leaned over to get my glass I saw something but my mind didn't let me comprehend what I was seeing. It was like the yard was moving. Then I realized what was happening. There were ticks everywhere and they were heading for me. YIKES!!!!!! I took off for the house , stripped when I got inside , and told the wife to look me over. luckily I didn't have anything on me but there were a couple on my pants.

The next day after work I stopped and got some powdered lime. That night the whole yard got treated and no more ticks.

My ex and I in our early years moved to a rental house in the country ( I grew up in the country ) . This house had been empty for about 10 months before we moved in. Weather got nice and warm and one evening I came home from work , took a shower , grabbed a glass of iced tea , the news paper and headed outside to sit under the shad tree. ( we didn't have air conditioning at that time.

So I'm sitting there reading the paper and a strange feeling came over me . You know when something doesn't seem right but you just can't put your finger on it. You haven't heard anything but there just something....

Well this yard had patchy places in the grass and as I leaned over to get my glass I saw something but my mind didn't let me comprehend what I was seeing. It was like the yard was moving. Then I realized what was happening. There were ticks everywhere and they were heading for me. YIKES!!!!!! I took off for the house , stripped when I got inside , and told the wife to look me over. luckily I didn't have anything on me but there were a couple on my pants.

The next day after work I stopped and got some powdered lime. That night the whole yard got treated and no more ticks.

Were there any remains of the previous tenants left after the ticks got them?

1587493764885.png

Michigan DNR forecasts a really bad tick season this year. According to what I have read the opossums consume great quantities of ticks every year. Have not dispatched any trespassing opossums since then. :)

I bet chickens would even do the trick. My daughter wants to get them for the eggs. I don't know anything about them, but I know I will be building some sort of coup if this comes about. All I can think of now is how many boots and shoes I am going to have to get for them thanks to @Annihilator :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back