testtest

The Truth About Assault Weapons

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Good read on the truth on assault weapons

Good read on the truth on assault weapons

Nice post Anni. I read this a few days ago, and remembered that Biden told a fund raiser in California that 9mm should also be banned. I fear that’s the plan, keep expanding the “assault” military type weapons, until all semi automatic firearms can come under this class of firearms. 1911’s, heck even shotguns as mentioned in the article, are used by the military. Will it ever stop?

Nice post Anni. I read this a few days ago, and remembered that Biden told a fund raiser in California that 9mm should also be banned. I fear that’s the plan, keep expanding the “assault” military type weapons, until all semi automatic firearms can come under this class of firearms. 1911’s, heck even shotguns as mentioned in the article, are used by the military. Will it ever stop?
I honestly don’t think it will ever stop.

I'm not sure that we will have much luck trying to counter the desire for civilian disarmament with facts. The people who support these ideas seem to be driven by emotion and rhetoric, but we insist on countering their ideas with logic and data. I suggest we adopt a more public relations/marketing style approach. Due to the fact that so called "assault weapons" are rarely ever used in crimes, I suggest that we all start referring to these guns as "Mostly Peaceful Firearms." The left seem to love describing things that way, and we actually have the science to support the name.

It may not stop but we have a chance to put it on the far back burner for a very long time.

If Trump wins and the republicans keep the senate, there will be no new laws for at least 4 years. If Trump loses and the republicans keep the senate it's a crap shoot. If Trump loses and the republicans take the house and keep the senate, no new gun laws for a few years. If the new SCOTUS pick gets seated ( Which she most likely will) there is a real good chance the SCOTUS will look at some of the gun cases they didn't look at last year. Some clarification would go a really long way. Coupled with all the new federal judges Trump appointed this can only be a good thing for us.

It may not stop but we have a chance to put it on the far back burner for a very long time.

If Trump wins and the republicans keep the senate, there will be no new laws for at least 4 years. If Trump loses and the republicans keep the senate it's a crap shoot. If Trump loses and the republicans take the house and keep the senate, no new gun laws for a few years. If the new SCOTUS pick gets seated ( Which she most likely will) there is a real good chance the SCOTUS will look at some of the gun cases they didn't look at last year. Some clarification would go a really long way. Coupled with all the new federal judges Trump appointed this can only be a good thing for us.
Very well said ☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️

So if it goes bad this is not just about AR’s it will be about everything
(semi automatic) which I said before will be practically impossible to implement.
It will be years in the courts and there will be states and municipalities that will fight it tooth and nail. And if the recent nomination for the Supreme Court gets confirmed then the Supreme Court will be staffed with a conservative base that will hold true for YEARS based on the ages of those currently serving.

IMO if the dems get control there will be a boatload of new criminals.
Their end result will be complete confiscation of all firearms from the good guys and most will never turn them in seeing what is happening in democratic cities.
All of us must keep up the good fight at whatever means possible starting with your vote.

IMO if the dems get control there will be a boatload of new criminals.
Their end result will be complete confiscation of all firearms from the good guys and most will never turn them in seeing what is happening in democratic cities.
All of us must keep up the good fight at whatever means possible starting with your vote.
Please explain how they will do a complete confiscation of ALL firearms?

There is not enough manpower to come after anyone’s guns, as in a confiscation. This is why you are seeing what you are as in making everyone a criminal for owning this or that and making this or that illegal to own. To come and take them, no, not gonna happen.

There is not enough manpower to come after anyone’s guns, as in a confiscation. This is why you are seeing what you are as in making everyone a criminal for owning this or that and making this or that illegal to own. To come and take them, no, not gonna happen.
In most situations there is the famous “grandfather clause” however you make a great point, I’d rather be labeled a criminal as long as I still can protect myself, family and friends.

In most situations there is the famous “grandfather clause” however you make a great point, I’d rather be labeled a criminal as long as I still can protect myself, family and friends.

Your absolutely right about the “grandfather” clause. I was just saying on the post above mine on “them” coming to take them. As you know, there is bills on the table to try and override those clauses. I read an article the other day about the hundreds of bills that are wrote up ready to hit the floor on guns and ammo alone. It’s ridiculous.

I'm guessing that because police have never been able to collect all the guns from criminals who aren't legally allowed to have them, they would most likely be unable to collect them from everyone else. I also know from experience that local PD officers will not be lining up for gun-confiscation duties, and most local Chiefs will be reluctant to use their officers to enforce confiscation orders due to safety concerns. The typical leftist strategy is simply to make exercising your 2nd Amendment rights as costly and time-consuming as possible in order to deter the majority of people from acquiring firearms in the first place, or for the original owners to transfer possession to others.

I'm guessing that because police have never been able to collect all the guns from criminals who aren't legally allowed to have them, they would most likely be unable to collect them from everyone else. I also know from experience that local PD officers will not be lining up for gun-confiscation duties, and most local Chiefs will be reluctant to use their officers to enforce confiscation orders due to safety concerns. The typical leftist strategy is simply to make exercising your 2nd Amendment rights as costly and time-consuming as possible in order to deter the majority of people from acquiring firearms in the first place, or for the original owners to transfer possession to others.

My state has a constitutional amendment preventing any LEO from enforcing any unconstitutional gun laws under penalty of being stripped of their license to work in the state as a LEO. The entire state is a 2A sanctuary city, :)

They can’t keep drugs off the streets. I’m not talking about the tactics of doing it such as pulling over a felon that has a firearm and then confiscating the firearm. I’m saying there is literally not enough manpower to do it. I know there are several Sherrifs that have said they will not enforce any gun confiscations.

Also, the drugs off the streets, it’s not that they can’t, it’s near imposable so that should tell you how difficult alone it would be to get any guns.

They can’t keep drugs off the streets. I’m not talking about the tactics of doing it such as pulling over a felon that has a firearm and then confiscating the firearm. I’m saying there is literally not enough manpower to do it. I know there are several Sherrifs that have said they will not enforce any gun confiscations.

Also, the drugs off the streets, it’s not that they can’t, it’s near imposable so that should tell you how difficult alone it would be to get any guns.
Exactly what I’m saying. The process even if it gets to that would be daunting.
let’s look at it this way......
Who does it?
Where do they start?
North, South, East, West?
Where do they search?
houses, barns, boats, campers, dig up yards, vehicles, lakes, ponds, streams, rivers, storage units, the surrounding woods, ???????
Of course this is after the law suits and years of litigation.
And nobody is talking about the unemployment this would cause.

Back