testtest

The Venerable Beretta 21A Bobcat

conax

Master Class
Among mouse guns this mean little .22 always caught my eye. Hellcat... Bobcat... so many felines.. It isn't perfect but it would get the job done most of the time. It has passed the test of time and has some unique design features. Take a look ;) I think I might need one of these in blue steel.
I always like mixup98's reviews. He gets to the point and in just a few minutes he starts shooting. His videos are informative and his range is out west somewhere pretty nice. His boy can shoot, too. So, Enjoy!

I like the tip up barrel with no extractor. You can clear it in a few seconds without much effort and the gun is inherently safe when the barrel is tipped, similar to having the slide locked back on other pistols. The recoil springs are symmetrical, one on each side for reliability. Field stripping is super easy. If you can only carry a key fob gun, this is a good one. 12 ounces. Pretty nice. A little pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Nice article, thanks for sharing, never owned one but my sister-in-law has one, never had any issues with it, as for Taurus pistols, not a fan, but love there revolvers

I like them, but if I were to carry one?

It would probably be .25, not .22. More reliable feeding with a rimless case, and more reliable ignition with a centerfire primer.

The terminal performance of the rounds out of that short of a barrel are pretty close to a wash.
Well that be good for cali you can’t get the 22 here but you can get the 32 so one day the 32 will be mine

The .32 Tomcat is a considerably bigger than the Bobcat…it’s not huge, but it’s definitely noticeable.

They also had a problem with slides cracking on the Tomcats; never heard if it actually got fixed.

But…they shoot nice.
Hey Hans you like your Bersa ?

I came close to buying one but then bought my LCP II instead . I have an NNA revolver in .22LR if I want something smaller.
The pop up barrel is a very neat feature on the Bobcat though.
Yeah, I like that system for a little gun. I guess you have to keep the chamber clean for reliable operation. If I were to carry one I'd need another magazine or two. They only include one.

Old Mixup98's review of a Henry .44 carbine was so impressive I bought one of those. It has a Skinner receiver peep, taller front post and a cool sling with ammo loops now. It turned out to be one of my favorite rifles.
Here it is-

I've wanted a Bobcat for awhile, but it's never made it to the top of my list. I'm not sure how often I'd carry it, but I like the design. I like guns with somewhat unusual features like the Bobcat's flip-up barrel. I'd like to think that I'll own one someday, but there always seems to be something at the LGS that I want just a little bit more than I want a Bobcat.

Among mouse guns this mean little .22 always caught my eye. Hellcat... Bobcat... so many felines.. It isn't perfect but it would get the job done most of the time. It has passed the test of time and has some unique design features. Take a look ;) I think I might need one of these in blue steel.
I always like mixup98's reviews. He gets to the point and in just a few minutes he starts shooting. His videos are informative and his range is out west somewhere pretty nice. His boy can shoot, too. So, Enjoy!
Good video. Thanks for sharing. (y)
Now I'm intrigued. I have a Beretta PICO which is chambered in .380 ACP that I haven't shot in ages. Might be time to revisit. Very concealable, and I remember being pretty accurate with it despite its quirks and it being DAO. Heavy trigger pull, too.
Have never really thought about a concealable .22, hmmmm. :unsure:

While the Israeli Mossad probably didn't use many Bobcats, they loved the Beretta Model 70 and 71.

Very good read. Kept my attention and I learned a lot. Have a new found respect for the .22! Might be time to at least shoot a Bobcat.

My new stainless Bobcat .22 came in today. Took it out of the box and the stupid barrel wouldn't pop up. After playing with it for a few times it started working. It doesn't matter how much I spend or how hard I try, every new gun needs a little lovin before it will work for me.
The Bobcat is wee tiny. The trigger bites me finger if I don't use the tip pad to pull it, but it's going to be big fun, mon. I found a place selling CCis for a fair price so I'm all set.

4 hours later:
I just got back from the range, it ate 100 CCi 40 grn round nose with only one hiccup. During the first magazine it did a FTF.
I wasn't gripping it with enough respect so it was sort of a limp wrist deal. I also made sure to get the ammo looking right in the magazine. People have had malfunctions if the bullets "nose dive" in there.
The last 44 rounds were all rapid fire and went off without a hitch. I even hit some targets at 13 yards when they were in the sun. When they were in the shade I had trouble picking up the tiny gray sight.

You fellows getting older with arthritis in your hands or wrists would really enjoy this little gun. I do.
(I also ops checked a .40-- dang, that hurt a lot more than it did last year. I'ma sell it.)

Back