testtest

This is bad, FRTs to be confiscated

My understanding is that rarebreed has a pending case in Fl, and the courts have sided with him so far in that his device is "NOT a MACHINEGUN " under the definitions of the law. They (AFT) were told to back-off. If this is their way of backing off, I think we should all be more than a little concerned.
How long before they demand mailing lists and shipping documents and start kicking in doors? I can't help but feel that this is a bad omen and we all need to pay attention.
I believe the owner is a lawyer and unwilling to back down or seek permission. I believe his position is, "show me where we broke the law!" He has input from former ATF tech director and the man who literally wrote the book on what does and does not constitute a machinegun. Just another example of them (ATF) trying to divide us. Some would say, I don't need it, it doesn't pertain to me. That's the Fudd position, we shouldn't be Fudds, we should be united. I'll be watching for one of those online affidavits against this legislation by interpretation and to rein in the ATF.

Last edited:
Par for the course with the ATF. Is there not one of the lawsuit happy groups like the FPC that could file an injunction on this?
Well since you've asked Okie, I just receive this Email from FPC, that they are looking into this case.

A bit of fear mongering here by you tubers, the alleged letter rife with spelling errors and wrong dates isn't verified.

There was a single store in Illinois (not exactly land of the free) where the ATF indiscriminately in an act of bullying took 6k of triggers, both FRT and Binary (something not even on the list in that alleged letter), which constitutes about 15 to 20 triggers.

The FFL that was robbed foolishly or via intimidation signed an 01 form instead of a 23, making them helpless for recourse to recover their property.

Whether this was or was not related to the suspicious letter is not known, what is known is the ATF in Illinois indiscriminately stole merchandise from an FFL.

A bit of fear mongering here by you tubers, the alleged letter rife with spelling errors and wrong dates isn't verified.

There was a single store in Illinois (not exactly land of the free) where the ATF indiscriminately in an act of bullying took 6k of triggers, both FRT and Binary (something not even on the list in that alleged letter), which constitutes about 15 to 20 triggers.

The FFL that was robbed foolishly or via intimidation signed an 01 form instead of a 23, making them helpless for recourse to recover their property.

Whether this was or was not related to the suspicious letter is not known, what is known is the ATF in Illinois indiscriminately stole merchandise from an FFL.
This happened in the people's republic of Illinois? This, I have not heard anything about, yet. Can you share any details? I'm curious. I've been watching for you to weigh in on this.
BTW, have you seen the new selectable one they had just made?

I just stumbled on this. It looks like the possibility of a fraudulent report is greater than originally thought. As I come across info that pertains to "us" I will still share, however I'm not here screaming that the sky is falling.

This happened in the people's republic of Illinois? This, I have not heard anything about, yet. Can you share any details? I'm curious. I've been watching for you to weigh in on this.
BTW, have you seen the new selectable one they had just made?
According to Rare Breed president Lawerence DeMonico, they heard from a single FFL dealer in Illinois that 6k of merchandise was taken from their inventory, and they are located literal walking distance from the ATF office.

All in all it sounds like a grab of opportunity in a state that's no friend to guns, and they indiscriminately took non FRT merchandise, basically seizing all rapid fire triggers, including binaries....which is revelatory of either a slippery slope or an ignorant theft.

Regardless, here we are days later and there was definitely panic buying of the FRT, as they are sold out and prices have been gouged on gun broker...but it's still for sale and there have been no dogs shot or additional FFLs reporting being visited by bullies from the ATF like in the communist state of Illinois.

I do not anticipate this being common practice, but more indicative of over reach by an ATF field office that knew it could get away with a lot.

And since the FFL foolishly signed forfeiture paperwork without protest, they're out of their property and can't retrieve it even though it was outright theft of semi auto after market triggers.

As for the select trigger, cool idea, I wonder how fluid the single shot is, on the binaries it's an above average trigger when not in binary so FRT probably is above mil spec in non forced reset mode.

"They just raided one store in Illinois, the sky isn't falling".

So the ATF has proven the willingness and capacity to do it, but we're probably fine? lol
It's an unconfirmed rumor, and word has been the alleged dealer was raided for way more inventory than triggers for unverified violations as an FFL.

Basically it's all just a frenzied rumor mill.

Here's a good interview with former ATF operative Dan O'Kelly, he lays out at best if this is happening that the ATF has zero case. You need to know your rights to fight back and don't sign forms without lawyers.

No one has been charged anywhere for an FRT or similar, if they thought they were going to prevail in court they'd be charging people left and right. Rare Breed has not been raided, no one has knocked on doors of buyers.

One questionable email was made viral, and one unconfirmed rumor of a store in Illinois is going around.

People spreading panicky rumors are as problematic as the allegations of ATF action.

Last edited:
Excuse my stupidity.
What is the difference between FRT and Binary?
I know what a binary is I've used one.
https://player.vimeo.com/video/486488684?h=5b8a88d93e

Video explains mechanics of the trigger pack, basically it is a semi auto technology that shortens split times remarkably to the point that effortless follow up shots can create the appearance and sound of full auto to the untrained eye and ear.

The rate of fire is not regulated or policed by the NFA, only the mechanism by which a rate of fire is achieved. Semi auto technology has advanced to a level where semi auto rapid fire can simulate certain types of full auto.

Last edited:
Back