testtest

Those aftermarket triggers for the Hellcat

jumpinjoe

Hellcat
Anyone see any real difference between the 'Patriot' ($99.99) and the 'Monarch' ($79.99) triggers other than color. I looked at the specs and maybe missed it but I didn't really see any mechanical difference.

Not really into changing triggers on a self defense gun, my Hellcat has the Gen 2 trigger and it’s good, to me, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.
Won't argue with this one bit. My EDC will remain as is. I've been considering getting a second gen Hellcat with the new trigger and the mechanical safety for the wife (and me) as a shooter .... maybe. Not sure of a need for any other trigger, just something to ponder on and was looking around at availability.

Won't argue with this one bit. My EDC will remain as is. I've been considering getting a second gen Hellcat with the new trigger and the mechanical safety for the wife (and me) as a shooter .... maybe. Not sure of a need for any other trigger, just something to ponder on and was looking around at availability.
I did put a Apex trigger kit on an old S&W M&P 9mm few years back, trigger was a lot lighter, smoother, and it gave you a better trigger reset, but this was just a range gun and shooter

I have shot my Shield ( stock) and my buddy's identical Shield with an Apex trigger kit in it side by side. Not enough of a difference to make me go out and get one. Of course I am a guy who isn't overly picky about triggers.

None of my carry guns except the 1911s have ever had any work done to the triggers at all. It isn't because I am worried about overzealous prosecutors or anything, I just somehow manage to shoot them very well as they are.

Just curious...why not use your EDC as your main shooter? Unless you are putting 20k rounds through it, I wouldn't expect it to wear out, and generally speaking, triggers get better with each pull. Just curious.

Well, the fact is that the wife has decided she might want a Hellcat now that she has tried mine a 'few' rounds, however she wants the new one with the mechanical safety. So...... to please the little lady I'm looking into another Hellcat for us to share and that I can play with some upgrades, or not ????? I'm perfectly content with my EDC Hellcat and don't want to make any changes in it.

I figure the worse is that she may not want it after a couple rounds more than a 'few' and I'll have a second Hellcat for myself. :):)(y) I kind of suspect the 9mm is gonna be a little much for her. She's a pretty light framed.

Back