testtest

Those boars are really mean!

jumpinjoe

Hellcat
A while back we were talking about those feral pigs and just how mean some of them can be .... well, I ran across this short video (TikTok) this afternoon and thought about the old thread. It just seemed to be right for those who may have never had occasion to be involved with these boars. Take note, this one has absolutely no hesitancy at attacking the hunter and/or his dog. Here's a link to this one, but I assure you I've seen much worse.

Link:

A while back we were talking about those feral pigs and just how mean some of them can be .... well, I ran across this short video (TikTok) this afternoon and thought about the old thread. It just seemed to be right for those who may have never had occasion to be involved with these boars. Take note, this one has absolutely no hesitancy at attacking the hunter and/or his dog. Here's a link to this one, but I assure you I've seen much worse.

Link:

I will say that guy isn't very bright or maybe he just didn't want to shoot miss/mr piggie? I would've knifed it and gone medieval on its ass!

You and me both. Just another thought ...... this dude was really lucky he had that cur dog with him. I've got to believe that boar was serious. I've looked at it several times and can't quite figure out why he wasn't at the ready with his long gun anyway. First I thought maybe he wasn't hunting hogs, and likely so since this one seemed to surprise him so much, but then he had a hog dog with him that contradicts that theory. So I just ain't quite sure. Either way he ain't the sharpest tack in the box from what I've seen here. Hope he nor the dog was cut real bad.

Ran across one of them while squirrel hunting in Arkansas although it was a different kind of feral in that (as the story goes) it was a domestic pig that got away and was never retrieved and it took up residence in the woods and had lived in the area about 4 or 5 years. This was outside of Jacksonville and at that time they didn't have a feral problem. I was new to the area and as we were going into the woods there were rooting ruts all over the place and my boss laughingly told me that Farmer Jones' pig had treed more then a few hunters. I was standing under an old oak about 35 yds from a creek and just taking aim at my first squirrel of the day. I heard a rustling behind me and turned to see a huge pig drinking out of the creek. It took me completely by surprise and the pig noticed me about the same time I noticed him. He put down his head as if to charge and I let him have it full face with the 12ga birdshot load. It was enough to get him to stop and start slowly walking the other way. He stopped once and I unloaded one into his ass and he took off up the trail. I went back and sat in the truck and waited for my hunting partners to all come back. I got teased about that for a couple of years afterwards, "take him squirrel hunting and he shoots Farmer Jones' pig". Thank god, he wasn't as aggressive as that one but none-the-less it was very unnerving.

Back