testtest

Thoughts? The Chinese Gun Lovers of Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a young Chinese guy (but resident alien) that shoots at our IPSC club. His parents are still residents of China.

He's an excellent shot & nice guy. Loves guns & shooting, and has told me about firearms use in China. Mainly citizens use of firearms are limited to shotguns, unless you're part of a govt program.

He's taking classes at the local University, and has been in the states since he was around ~15 and going to school here then.

Hope his family is safe from all the corona virus stuff over there.

I really wish they would stop including suicide in the total so a clearer number/picture could emerge.

So 26 , 667 are suicides and we subtract that number from 40,000 = 13,333 . Now , at least half and maybe more are committed by gang bangers so that brings the number down to 6,665.5

What % of 6,665.5 gun deaths are the result of police shootings or civilian defensive use ? This puts things in a better perspective than just parroting the 40,000 number.

Interesting video. I wonder how he made enough money to buy 2 ranches. Was it from Chinese visitors shooting guns? If yes, it sounds like a good business to be in. I don't see an issue for foreigners to come here legally and get to experience the rights under the constitution. It sounds like he and his friends have been successful here. I've heard of several mass killing in China done with knives, it would be interesting to see their statistics of deaths by any weapon (including the suicides if they include them with guns), Vs the US statistics they showed.

So 26 , 667 are suicides and we subtract that number from 40,000 = 13,333 . Now , at least half and maybe more are committed by gang bangers so that brings the number down to 6,665.5

What % of 6,665.5 gun deaths are the result of police shootings or civilian defensive use ? This puts things in a better perspective than just parroting the 40,000 number.

Actually when you look at the FBI stats the criminal use is ~2/3rd of the remainder when you take the 2/3rds of the total off because they're suicides.

The left always inflates the numbers to make things look as bad as they can.

Didn't care for the part when he said if they could take all guns and ammo at once he would be for it. So he doesn't care for the sport of shooting? Then what is he doing?

That was one of the other two (the tallest one) that were on business visas.

Plus you have to keep in mind they have to be careful what they say on the net. BIG Mao is always watching them.

That was one of the other two (the tallest one) that were on business visas.

Plus you have to keep in mind they have to be careful what they say on the net. BIG Mao is always watching them.
Right. But it was kind of a contradictory statement. I know what you mean. They are being watched. Better say the right thing.

Interesting video. I wonder how he made enough money to buy 2 ranches. Was it from Chinese visitors shooting guns? If yes, it sounds like a good business to be in. I don't see an issue for foreigners to come here legally and get to experience the rights under the constitution. It sounds like he and his friends have been successful here. I've heard of several mass killing in China done with knives, it would be interesting to see their statistics of deaths by any weapon (including the suicides if they include them with guns), Vs the US statistics they showed.

Yes I was surprised & wondering how a young guy had the $$ to by two ranches. I was also surprised that they said that 40% of the folks moving to TX were Chinese.

Yes I was surprised & wondering how a young guy had the $$ to by two ranches. I was also surprised that they said that 40% of the folks moving to TX were Chinese.
No proof or anything to back this up, but I don't feel that the Chinese government allows nor doesn't have an plan for such things that go on with their countrymen here. Examples in this case could include, the Chinese government supplying the money for him to buy the farm. And having the 40% move to Texas to help sneak in more Chinese national across the boarder, or other such alternative plans. It could just be my paranoid thinking, but better that then ignoring it until it's too late.

Didn't care for the part when he said if they could take all guns and ammo at once he would be for it. So he doesn't care for the sport of shooting? Then what is he doing?

^ This. +1.

And as a first-generation American of Taiwanese descent (see what I did, there? ;)), I actually take offense at what the tall gentleman in the center of the exchange between time-points 3:53 to 4:57 (although his statement goes on to the 5:02 mark) said about not allowing the citizens of China - in China - to have legal access to firearms. I find his "clean slate" thinking highly, highly flawed.

To explain this, I think that it's exactly what @Talyn noted - that this AJ+ video is more tailored to the Chinese (as in in-China) viewer. As an American who is Asian ( ;) ), I find that my viewpoint - and I would dare say that this would be the case with others who share my background - is very different from those expressed in this video. Indeed, as @jmcd wrote, I don't think that particular gentleman thinks much at all outside of his own chance to shoot or his ability to carry a concealed weapon here in America: I don't think he either understands or appreciates the Second Amendment and what it stands for, at all. Quite simply - and factually - he's not an American.

But again as @Talyn noted, The State is always watching. So it could very well be that he - and they all - are simply saying things so that they won't upset the system.

I have no idea about the immigration figures, but don't be surprised by the money part.

As with many areas of the world, economic disparity in China is tremendous. The rich lead very, very, very different lives than the average person, and their wealth is not only unimaginable to the dirt-poor "peasants" that you'd see in documentaries such as this - https://www.cnex.tw/plasticchina - but also even to those of us here in the west.

Don't believe me? ;)

Just Google a bit on how luxury goods have been consumed worldwide in the last half-decade (and for those who do not understand just how bespoke some of such goods can be, have a talk with someone who does ogle Hermès or Louis Vuitton or the like: that $950,000 travel wardrobe? you can't even get that if you had the money - it has to actually be offered to you, much like how new, exclusive, ultra-high-end vehicles are first offered to those who already own others of the same). The wealth of the wealthy mainland Chinese is shocking to those who are still mired in thinking about them as they were even in the '90s. There's reasons why those luxury brands who mis-stepped and trod on various parts of Chinese culture in their advertising campaigns or the like have each quickly taken to social media to apologize. Chinese shoppers - especially the very wealthy - have a lot of power.

During this same timespan, even other Asian countries have started to despise (and no, this word is not too strong, it truly conveys the feeling) the wealth that mainland Chinese "throws around." Many have complained of such Chinese tourists as being "rude" (this is a very strong word in Asian culture), in that they literally think that money will buy them exceptions and exemptions from any and all rules.

While I would never put it past China to try to extend their influences any which way they can, it's also worth knowing that this truly may be as aboveboard as the ranch owner, "Donald," depicts. Given his apparent age, it's quite likely that relatives of his parents' generation made it rich, and he's now second-generation wealth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back