testtest

Threaded Barrel

I am trying to get a 1/2x28 threaded barrel for my EMP 9mm. I have scoured the internet and I can't find anything. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!

I searched brownells website but didn’t see any. Also googled but didn’t see anything. Prob something that would need to be customized.
cheaper route might be get an xdm already threaded.

That might be tough...the EMP uses a non-standard barrel, so I suspect there’s not going to be many aftermarket options.

Storm Lake made them in the past, it seems, but I don’t see anything on their website...you could contact them and ask.

Your other option would be to get a barrel from a 4” EMP and have it threaded.

That might be tough...the EMP uses a non-standard barrel, so I suspect there’s not going to be many aftermarket options.

Storm Lake made them in the past, it seems, but I don’t see anything on their website...you could contact them and ask.

Yeah from my understanding you will have to contact them as you are correct, they did make them in the past.

Which one do you have?
If you have the short version, get a barrel for the long one and you can thread it yourself. If you are so inclined.

Wow! I really appreciate all the responses. I have seen storm lake, but haven't investigated it yet. The price sounds great though. I had no idea the EMP came in a 4" barrel. Is that a part I could order from Springfield directly? Thanks again for all the responses. I love my EMP (not a huge fan of the lightweight pistols, personal preference only) and I would love to be able to put a can on it.

Wow! I really appreciate all the responses. I have seen storm lake, but haven't investigated it yet. The price sounds great though. I had no idea the EMP came in a 4" barrel. Is that a part I could order from Springfield directly? Thanks again for all the responses. I love my EMP (not a huge fan of the lightweight pistols, personal preference only) and I would love to be able to put a can on it.

Unfortunately, Springfield does not sell aftermarket parts like barrels or slides at this time.

Also, if you do get a replacement barrel (from anyone)...being a 1911-style, there will likely be a little fitting involved to get optimal performance...it's not rocket surgery or brain science, but it does require a bit of know-how and handiness..so if you know a good gunsmith, you might want them to do it.

A thought just occurred to me while writing the above.,,you may want to check with the Springfield Custom Shop, of they are still accepting work...they could likely do this entire project for you.

Great idea

Looking to obtain a threaded barrel for a 9mm XD Mod.2 Service model. Storm Lake offers them for XD Service model but not specifically for the Mod.2. Storm Lake's response to this question was "We have not yet tested our barrels on the 2.0's. So as of now, we can not suggest our barrel for the Mod 2.0's."

Does anyone have any experience attempting to install a Storm Lake barrel on a 9mm XD Mod.2 Service model?

Back