testtest

Time to Get the Wallet Out. Again.

Well, at least it doesn't have a bunch of weird, silly holes in the slide like a number of Sig's other recent "custom" offerings. I'd like to learn more about the actual construction - is this just a factory MIM gun that's dressed up with accessories and a slide cut, or is it hand-fitted, special trigger job? As usual, Sig doesn't really provide a whole lot of details.

But for that price, my expectations would be pretty high. Till I learn more, I think I'll stick with my CZ.

Last edited:
Well, at least it doesn't have a bunch of weird, silly holes in the slide like a number of Sig's other recent "custom" offerings. I'd like to learn more about the actual construction - is this just a factory MIM gun that's dressed up with accessories and a slide cut, or is it hand-fitted, special trigger job? As usual, Sig doesn't really provide a whole lot of details.

But for that price, my expectations would be pretty high. Till I learn more, I think I'll stick with my CZ.
I agree, with the Beretta 92X Performance, the CZs, and of course Wilson Combat offerings out there I’d really want to know what puts this pistol in that category. Perhaps Wilson Combat is in a different league but once you’re spending over a couple of grand you absolutely should consider them as an option… IMHO.

It's possible that it's a really great pistol and worth every penny, but I just find that Sig marketing puts out a lot of fluff these days. I watched the new vids and read the brief website description, but I want to know more and I think Sig should expect to be providing more, esp. to the type of customer that is seriously going to be considering this pistol. I don't really care that it has "custom Hogue grips" - tell me exactly what contributes to the increased accuracy? Tell me more about the details of the trigger. Tell me more about the barrel and any other real design improvements/upgrades. Especially if they are going to claim that it's comparable to the old German X-Fives.

Last edited:
Yea... lower the price and offer it in all black and I'll take two please!
Something like this?

226-legion-sao-2022-update-1.jpg

Sig Sauer P226 Legion Full-Size Pistol E26R-9-LEGION-SAO-R2​

Only $1299 :)

You can get both of these for the same price as the X5 Classic. Two of the best pistols you could hope to own.
Yeah, that certainly puts it in perspective.

I'm sure their will be people who will buy the new X-5, but I wonder how many of them will be serious competitors. I think the main market will be people who want a fancy range toy. Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)

Yeah, that certainly puts it in perspective.

I'm sure their will be people who will buy the new X-5, but I wonder how many of them will be serious competitors. I think the main market will be people who want a fancy range toy. Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)
About 9% of the shooters at a the USPSA Nationals will be shooting Sigs.

Almost half of USPSA Production shooters at Nationals were shooting either the top-ranked Shadow 2 or the Shadow SP01
36% CZ Shadow 2
14% EAA Tangfolio Stock 2
12% tie Glock G34 and Walther Q5 SF/Match
11% CZ-USA Shadow SP01
9% SIG Sauer P320 X5/Legion

39% CZ Shadow 2
12% EAA Tangfolio Stock 2
9% 3-Way Tie: Glock G34, SIG Sauer P320 and X5 Legion
4% Tie: Beretta 92X and Glock G17
3% Walther Q5 Match Steel Frame

2020_prod_guns-lead1.jpg

Back